Can I buy OEM Zanardi Wheels?

Just wondering. Thanks.

Good question. I was actually considering this for my 2000 Silverstone NSX, and with a brief Google search, I found some sites that had them for around $500 or so per wheel, I believe (it's been a while since I looked). I'll have to do another search to see what they are selling for now. I think that the Zanardi rims would look pretty good on a silver NSX. -Tom

Miled's silver NSX with the Zanardi wheels painted a lighter silver "type S" style color.

attachment.php

Very similar to BBS RGR's....I love that look.
bbs_rgr_bsp_ci3_l.jpg

I asked Mile'd at Xpo (wanted to know who he used to import them) and he said they were Type-S.

I know there is an lighter and darker JDM type S silver color. ( Click for pic ) The darker may or may not be the same shade as the USDM Zanardi color. In any case, it does not much matter as they are all the same casting.

Last edited:
OSUGrad:

Try PM'ing MCM here on Prime. He has Zanardi wheels on his beautiful 1994 NSX. I honestly can't recall if he bought them used or if he bought them new but I know he looked for a while.

He's a super nice guy and I'm sure he'd be happy to help you.

Thanks for the kind words Christian.
I ran want adds (for ever) and found a nice used set off Zanardi#__ I forget.
(Ran the wheel add prior to finding a car)
Found another set last year in SD I almost bought as they are hard to come by. The 2 used sets in A/B cond I have found have sold for about $2500.
Hope this helps.
On a side note, these forged wheels are SUPER light.

(As a side note, the wheels for sale new online are not forged BBS wheels. Cheap knock off look a-likes I would stay away from)

Last edited:
My Zanardi wheels! I plastic media blasted them and painted them Solaris Silver.
47b8da22b3127cceb764a61ff51b00000046100IYs2zRy4csV

Pic by RSO

I asked Mile'd at Xpo (wanted to know who he used to import them) and he said they were Type-S.

I know there is an lighter and darker JDM type S silver color. ( Click for pic ) The darker may or may not be the same shade as the USDM Zanardi color. In any case, it does not much matter as they are all the same casting.
Yes... the Zanardi is based on the JDM Type-S, with some amount of de-contenting (e.g., we don't get the lightweight CF one-piece Recaro buckets).

The JDM Special Order ($$$) program allows you to order your wheels in any of the standard body colors - in this case Sebring Silver, which is lighter than the Zanardi gun-metal color. Pretty fancy display room they have/had in Tochigi design center - with pretty funky color combinations available.

Back