Cam seal the same as on B-series Hondas/Acuras?

I did a search but did not come up with any viable results, so here we are.

I'm trying to find out if the cam seals (PN 12513-pr7-a00) are the same as what's used on the B-series engines BECAUSE it seems SOS no longer produces their cam plug seals, and there are plenty others on the market from the likes Skunk2, STR, AEBS, etc.

Any idea?

I researched the part number against what's used in the 90-93 Integra (PN 12513-p30-000), where the first two numbers represent the function, and the next three numbers represent the component, of which the NSX and Integra numbers are the exact same.

I'm using the following as a reference.
General parts:

XXXXX - XXX - XXX(XX)
Function Number

XXXXX - XXX - XXX(XX)
Component Number

XXXXX - XXX - XXX(XX)
Parts Classification Number
(These numbers relate to the Product Code of the first Honda motorcycle model to use a particular part; if the same part is subsequently used on another model, the Parts Classification Number generally remains unchanged. Some of these numbers are listed here. For more information, see the Parts Interchange Info page.)

XXXXX - XXX - XXX(XX)
Modification Designation

XXXXX - XXX - XXX(XX)
Subcontractor Designation

XXXXX - XXX - XXX(XX)
Color Code (if any)
(Part number color codes do not necessarily correspond to the Honda motorcycle paint codes listed here; they are keyed to the Honda paint codes listed in the relevant Description section of the Parts Catalog.)

Classification & modification numbers are, of course, different, and subcontractor is obviously the same, but it's the first 5 numbers I'm paying attention to.

So...a little help from someone that knows for sure on the nice aftermarket seals you can still find?

You are sort of on the right track but to simplify it, the first section of the part # (12513) simply indicates it as a cam plug. The second part (PR7) indicates it is for the C series the third part indicates the version or color or country it is intended for (mostly in the case of ECU's)

The P30 is for a B series

The C and B series are different sizes and I have checked this many years ago because I wanted to use the B series ones too.

You can cross reference the part here:

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/oem-pa...ver-seal/12513pr7a00?search_str=12513-PR7-A00

Honda is quite good compared to other manufacturers at changing up part #s that are the same or compatible - if this one were, I am sure they would have done it by now.

Last edited:
Well, I'd love to have aluminum triple sealed can plugs, and since SOS doesn't seem to be producing them, is there anywhere else a person can get them from?

Might the cam plug seals be shared with other C-series engines, such as those in the Legends and 3.5RLs? C30A, C32A, C35A, etc.?

I have BWR cam seals in mine they work great. I basically cross referenced the skunk 2 to BWR. I think the skunk 2 look better but I saved by doing BWR.
On the bag it listed several different Honda engines.

OK, I measured them both and the C30 OEM seal is the same diameter but the OEM B series is narrower by almost a MM.

The thing is, the billet B-series plug that I had on hand to measure is also over a mm wider so it should work!

Easy fix then, I guess this is why they stopped making the specific NSX ones.

Last edited:
WE stock the Blackworks, Skunk2, Blox, Password:JDM, VMS brands in all colors. They are the same from Honda B-series or H-Series for that matter.

I would be interested in using Skunk2 seals if they fit properly.

Yes, you'd have to pull the cam caps at the back side of the heads.

I was saying no, to another way than pulling the cam caps and valve covers. I looked at the way I wrote the last reply and realized it might of not read that way.. There is no short cut that I know of, is how I should of wrote it.

Back