CAM plug seals - question?

In the process of getting a PPI on a 91 NSX.....only thing I have been told so far is that the cam plug seals will probably need to be replaced. Can anybody give me an idea of how big of a deal that is?

Appreciate the help!
Danny

Danny said:
In the process of getting a PPI on a 91 NSX.....only thing I have been told so far is that the cam plug seals will probably need to be replaced. Can anybody give me an idea of how big of a deal that is?

Appreciate the help!
Danny

I had all the gaskets on my engine replaced and the cam seals...I can't comment on how much the cam seals are by themselves, but I payed close to $1k to get everything refreshed. (might as well while you're in there...and get the oil pan while you're at it too)

Have the timing belt, water pump, etc. been replaced? If not, have the plugs replacced then. That's what I did.

Good luck.

if your gonna do them, id upgrade to the SOS covers...they look sweet!:biggrin:

Danny said:

Appreciate the help!
Danny

I paid about $1200 to have mine done but I had the timing belt and water pump done at the same time.

The Kid said:
if your gonna do them, id upgrade to the SOS covers...they look sweet!:biggrin:

Do you mean these bad boys? :biggrin:

engine2.jpg

engine.jpg

Drew,

not those but they are sweet! Those are valve covers:wink:

The Kid said:
Drew,

not those but they are sweet! Those are valve covers:wink:

Oh my bad. These are it. :biggrin:

camplugs-3color.jpg

camplugs-black.jpg

camplugs-engine.jpg

Dang! I've spent a good 3 hours on that site. There's A LOT of stuff that I want for my NSX now that I've never known about before.

Has anybody successfully installed these sos cam plugs?

My mechanic is having a hard time stuffing these in. It seems the o rings are a bit too thick.

Please help.

Henry.

Back