"Call the FBI i think this is the scam"

Is this the scam everyone is talking about? the one to send him 2k dollars to europe and then he will send the car over.

here is his email back that i received.

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in my car.
First of all, I want to tell you that the vehicle is in perfect condition.The milage is accurate.It has no scratches, no damages, no hidden defects.Kept it in a warm garage.It comes with all the documents needed for registration .
The car will be delivered from London ,England and I will take care of all shipping and insurance charges. I made a couple of phone calls and the best and fastest way I can ship with is using Lufthansa Air Cargo and it takes between 3-5 days to arrive at your door.You will have to pay the money for the car just when is delivered,when it arrives at your door and I will get my money from the shipping company.You can pay the car when it arrives with a cashery check or with cash . I will need a deposit before I will be able to ship so I can cover from here the shipping taxes. The deposit will be for just $2500 and needs to be made through Western Union .will also need your full name and address so I can begin with the preparations for the shipping.My best wishes and I'm waiting your response.
Thank you!

[email protected] wrote: ***VEHICLE LEAD***

The following lead was generated from AutoTrader.com's web site at http://www.autotrader.com.
To view the vehicle, click the link below:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=190291303

VEHICLE INFORMATION
Make: Acura
Model: NSX
Year: 2002
Price: 18000
Mileage: 19000
Body Style: Coupe
Color: Silver
Cylinders: 6 Cylinder
Transmission: Manual
Doors: Two Door
Stereo: Unavailable
Description: This NSX is in superb condition!. The vehcile is in great condition inside, outside & mechanically. You can drive one of the nicest production racers on the market for a fraction of the cost of a new one!! It's absolutely as new!

Exterior: Silverstone Metallic. Paint may have some very minor scratches, and other minor blemishes that do not show in photos. All exterior hardware and trim pieces intact and functional. Windshield and all window glass clear without any cracks or chips.

Interior: Onyx leather upholstery in very good condition front and rear, no rips tears or excessive wear. Factory installed AM/FM/CD Stereo and all other interior accessories operate properly. Carpet, door panels and headliner clean and intact. No stains or unpleasant odors.

Mechanically PERFECT. Runs and drives LIKE NEW. REMAINING FACTORY WARRANTY. The tires have front tread depth 7/32", rear 7/32. Space saver spare is new
Bucket Seats Center Console
Power Brakes Rear Window Defroster
Targa Top - Solid 17 Inch Wheels
3.2L V6 DOHC 24V FI Engine 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Clock Tachometer
Alloy Wheels Traction Control
4-Wheel ABS Driver and Passenger Front Airbags
Anti-Theft Alarm System Leather Seats
Power Driver Seat Power Front Passenger Seat
Cruise Control Power Steering
Remote Trunk Release Tilt and Telescopic Steering Wheel
Leather Steering Wheel Trim Air Conditioning
Automatic Climate Control Intermittent Windshield Wipers
Power Windows Power Door Locks
Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlights Power Exterior Mirrors
AM/FM/Cassette Audio System Bose Audio

Yes,

You are not going to get a 2002 NSX for $18000. The only thing you will get is a lighter balance in your checking account with nothing to show for it. You could string them along for fun....tell him you are going to send the money any day now....

donwon said:
Yunno,

on a rough day; It might just be worth it to jump on the next flight over there track him down and kick his a$$. Sounds like fun to me, what do you think?

I tried that, but when you say your around london (Rome in my case), and can have a look, and hand the money cash, they suddenly don't answer anymore, or start to shout bad names.

Funny though.

Thats an idea tell him you have a friend/family member in London who can check it out and pay cash...(I actually do have friends/family in London).

OK I sent him an e-mail will see what he says, said I wanted to come take a look at it.

key things to note --

1) owner is in europe and he measure tread depth in inches (7/32) rather than millimeters?
2) owner calls the car ACURA NSX-- not Honda NSX???

3) MILAGE: 19000 (shouldn;t it be Km

not really true he could have converted this stuff but most likely not-- s/he is in the US and obviously scamming to me

ask if you can fly out and drive the car-- see what they say????

It is a shame that we can't some how track these criminals to their homes, knock on their door and say hello. I really dislike these parasites. I wish the FBI or someone would chase these people down and put them in a nice warm prison where they have plenty of very close friends for a very long time.

When I was looking for a car 2 years ago, I scam similiar to this was going around.
They asked to send a deposit to their secretaries attention at a POBox (which I thought was odd since you can track those). Anyway I sent a letter with monopoly money and wrote FUCK YOU on it. Don't know if anyone actually received it, but I never got a return email after that. I was disappointed.

Last edited:
GHOSTRIDER said:
When I was looking for a car 2 years ago, I scam similiar to this was going around.
They asked to send a deposit to their secretaries attention at a POBox (which I thought was odd since you can track those). Anyway I sent a letter with monopoly money and wrote FUCK YOU on it. Don't now if anyone actually recieved it, but I never got a return email after that. I was disappointed.

LOL, that's classic dude!

........... why are we still discussing this ? Total waste of forum space.

If it smells like a scam, it is a scam. There has been tons of it over the internet lately, they always have some bogus number. Look at the number and it'll look fishy right off the bat.

If it looks ok, give them a call, spend that 10cents to get some closure.

If you cant see it and and touch it. Dont buy it cause your going to get ripped.

And for 2000$ to get the car shipped here with pink slip... blah blah blah... shippment from EURO to USA costs more then 2K.

If your stubid/greedy enough to fall for this kinda stuff...... well its well earned lesson.

my 1/2 cent.

Nothing in life is a free or even close to a good deal/steal. Always some reason the item is going for below market value. Common sense.

RON98 said:
........... why are we still discussing this ? Total waste of forum space.

If it smells like a scam, it is a scam. There has been tons of it over the internet lately, they always have some bogus number. Look at the number and it'll look fishy right off the bat.

If it looks ok, give them a call, spend that 10cents to get some closure.

If you cant see it and and touch it. Dont buy it cause your going to get ripped.

And for 2000$ to get the car shipped here with pink slip... blah blah blah... shippment from EURO to USA costs more then 2K.

If your stubid/greedy enough to fall for this kinda stuff...... well its well earned lesson.

my 1/2 cent.

Nothing in life is a free or even close to a good deal/steal. Always some reason the item is going for below market value. Common sense.

Amen brother. Why do we continue to waste precious space here on Prime with this garbage? Why even take the time to post and ask if this is legitimate?

I would rather have another post about the NSX to F40 conversion. Have you guys seen that? It's amazing. You should check it out. Does anyone know if those new Subaru WRX's are fast? I raced one and he kicked my butt. I think I want to trade my NSX in and get a WRX, or a Mitsubishi EVO. :wink: :wink:

Please, no more does this seem like a scam thread. Just like Ron said above, it would cost more than the $2000 he wants to ship the car from Europe to the US. Just THINK people.

Did you guys see the thread about the Fiero that was built into an Enzo. That's another one that should not be missed.

Do you guys like Ziano or Zymol better? :smile:

I am having fun now. I think I am so crazy because I am not at NSXPO. Have fun guys.

schuey1010 said:
I would rather have another post about the NSX to F40 conversion. Have you guys seen that? It's amazing. You should check it out.

Could you post a link to a NSX to F40 conversion. Never saw that.

Back