Caliper Question; Cast Iron on a NSX????

My wife recently puchased for me a '91 NSX as a birthday gift. Obviously the best birthday gift ever and a wife most guys only dream about. I guess she got tired of me constantly talking about getting one and staring at them for hours on the internet. Anyway, I was very surprised to find my NSX did not have aluminum calipers. We own a polishing shop, and having polished aluminum calipers on "lesser" vehicles (mustangs, firebirds, corvettes and almost all motorcycles), I was dissappointed to find mine were not aluminum. I realize that all of the vehicles I mentioned were much newer than my '91, but the NSX's were so far advanced in all other aspects, why not this one? Anyway, I am hoping that later models did use aluminum and that it would be a simple bolt on swap to put them on my car. Can anyone out there help me? Thanks.

Well Honda excelled at many things, but brakes and tires were always an after thought until the 21st century. And even today they are still behind in oem applications to the competition.

For a customer like myself when buying a new car, Honda suits me fine, because I ALWAYS upsize the wheels and add a BBK.

Your ONLY option to get what you want on the NSX is aftermarket.

Dali, Stoptech, Rotora, Wilwood, Brembo, Greddy, AP, etc

Thanks for the reply. Not what I wanted to hear, but I needed to know. I would like to upgrade, but for now I guess I will go with paint.

Back