California nsx owners reg input & Any one in California / west coast looking to sell?

California nsx owners reg input & Any one in California / west coast looking to sell?

Totally did not notice the specified Nor Cal Page, so i move it here..... *forgive me, im still new to this* :)

I know there's a specific classifieds for nsx wanted however I don't see much results with that and plus it generalizes the whole north america... I'm curious if there is anyone around bay area San Francisco or even along the west coast thinking of selling soon..

I'm a motivated buyer on a budget lol...
I know it's hard but I'm looking for one under 25k .. As a matter of fact.. I prefer to spend $20k or less but open to offers..

Still got to get rid of my car in order to finalize the rest of my budget for this... If you or someone you know Is interested in a trade, of course it will be an even trade with cash on my end... Lmk.. I got my stock clean ap2 converted 2003 s2000

I am also curious of how much you guys in California are paying for yearly registration... Just so I know what I'm getting into..
Thank you.

Last edited:
Re: California nsx owners reg input & Any one in California / west coast looking to s

In general, you can be notified when new cars appear on the market by setting an alert on http://carsabi.com/. There are a few for sale out in Sacramento and at a dealer in Pleasanton (I think?) around your price range. Higher mileage though.

Re: California nsx owners reg input & Any one in California / west coast looking to s

i have one for sale call me if interested 916-821-3456

My gf found an add for a 95 with 133k asking $26,000 on craigslist, humboldt county CA.

In your budget it will be high mileage cars - be sure to check if maintenance has been done as it's not cheap.

Good ones don't last as they are snatched up pretty fast. If you must sell your car to buy this car, then I would sell yours first so you don't miss out when an opportunity knocks.

In your budget it will be high mileage cars - be sure to check if maintenance has been done as it's not cheap.

Good ones don't last as they are snatched up pretty fast. If you must sell your car to buy this car, then I would sell yours first so you don't miss out when an opportunity knocks.

Other than your typical 3000 mile oil change, what type of costly maintence is there?

Other than your typical 3000 mile oil change, what type of costly maintence is there?

100k timing belt and water pump. Thats about it.

Oil change is 7500 miles according to acuras recommendations.

Short answer: everything.

Long answer:
Oil changes for the NSX don't cost any more than any other car. And there is no maintenance required on the NSX that doesn't exist on other Honda VTEC engines. The difference is that those same maintenance procedures are more costly on the NSX.

Timing belt is often discussed on Prime but just like any other car, you have to keep up on the gearbox, cooling system, valvetrain, seals, brakes, etc. All of these maintenance items exist on other cars but is typically more expensive on an NSX.

J

Short answer: everything.

Long answer:
Oil changes for the NSX don't cost any more than any other car. And there is no maintenance required on the NSX that doesn't exist on other Honda VTEC engines. The difference is that those same maintenance procedures are more costly on the NSX.

Timing belt is often discussed on Prime but just like any other car, you have to keep up on the gearbox, cooling system, valvetrain, seals, brakes, etc. All of these maintenance items exist on other cars but is typically more expensive on an NSX.

J

Well I had that in mind already... Lol.. I just assumed there was a super costly maintence that is hidden lol... Timing belt ad water pump is costly regardless of any vehicle but given where the engine is located here, I already know labor is higher than yor typical Acura Honda... Good thing I work at a shop and have a few connections with my local parts vendor :)

I am passively selling mine. If a buyer comes along I'll sell, if not I'll keep it forever since its all paid off and on a battery charger. See my listing in for sale. Not close to 20K though.

Back