Violation
Total Fine Due
VC 12814.6
$214
Failure to obey license provisions..
VC 14600(A)
$214
Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
VC 16028(A)
$796
Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)
Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.
VC 21453(A)
$436
Failure to stop at a red signal.
VC 22350
$214
VC 22349
Unsafe Speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.
VC 22350
$328
VC 22349
Unsafe Speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.
VC 22450
$214
Failure to stop at a stop sign.
VC 22454(A)
$616
Passing a school bus with flashing red signals. Both directions need to stop.
VC 23123(A)
$148
Drive using wireless phone not hands free, First offense
VC 23123(A)
$256
Drive using wireless phone not hands free, For each subsequent offense.
VC 23123.5(A)
$148
Drive while wireless device to send, read or write text.
VC 23124(B)
$148
Minor drive using wireless phone.
VC 22500(I)
$976
Parking in a bus loading area.
VC 22507.8(A through C)
$976
Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.
VC 22507.8(A through C)
$1876
Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.
VC 26708(A)
$178
Unlawful material on vehicle windows.
VC 27150(A and B)
$178
Adequate muffler required
VC 27315(D and E)
$148
Mandatory use of seat belts.
VC 27360(A and B)
$436
Mandatory use of child passenger restraints
Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program.
VC 27400
$178
Headsets/Earplugs over both ears.
VC 27803 (A through C)
$178
Motorcycle safety helmet requirements.
VC 34506.3
$616
Commercial Driver - Log book violation
VC 4000(A)
$256
No evidence of current registration.
VC 4159
$178
Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.
VC 5200
$178
Display of license plates.
VC 9400 (A through C)
$178
Commercial weight fees due.

Yup, also just read in today's paper parking tickets in L.A. have skyrocketed and they may boot your car after 3 unpaid parking tickets vs. 5. Also, as mentioned in another thread, they are talking about placing speed sensors/cameras where the red light cameras are located.

Jeff

Oh wow, next I bet they will give you a ticket just for driving an nsx as it may cause others to loose focus on the road, like the vehicle code for driving on a cell phone.

Jeebus. $148 for a seat belt violation? Maybe 5 years ago I got cited for no seat belt and I paid $25.

It's just a matter of time before they sue online companies like Amazon to either charge state tax or provide purchase histories for all CA residents so they can collect use taxes. If they could collect back taxes it would probably fix the problem entirely.

My recent speeding ticket (late Dec) was approx $300 and when you request traffic school they tack on another fee. Total cost was $400. I imagine most of the money is absorbed by the courts. I have a feeling increasing ticket fees and number of issued tickets won't even make a dent in the budget.

My recent speeding ticket (late Dec) was approx $300 and when you request traffic school they tack on another fee. Total cost was $400. I imagine most of the money is absorbed by the courts. I have a feeling increasing ticket fees and number of issued tickets won't even make a dent in the budget.

Dido. I was cruising to the SuperCar meet a few months ago keeping up with light traffic at 80mph and got busted. Because it was VC22350, I had no chance to fight the ticket eventhough I went thru Ticketassassin.com the whole deal. We are so short of money in Calif., but it won't stop them from passing new laws without public knowing and we get shafted in the end. Its not worth it driving fast on the freeway or leave the frt plate off. It only make sense to speed at HPDE. Drive with caution people!!

Last edited:
passing a school bus with flashing red signals. Both directions need to stop.
Vc 23123(a)
$148

across the median as well?

drive while wireless device to send, read or write text.
Vc 23124(b)
$148

how would they know? Just say you're about to dial a number

headsets/earplugs over both ears.
Vc 27803 (a through c)
$178

what if you're making a phone call on your "hands free device?"

display of license plates.
Vc 9400 (a through c)
$178

i hate ca!

f!@#$%

Dido. I was cruising to the SuperCar meet a few months ago keeping up with light traffic at 80mph and got busted. Because it was VC22350, I had no chance to fight the ticket eventhough I went thru Ticketassassin.com the whole deal.

:confused: Could you elaborate a bit. I won a written declaration, with Ticket Assasin's help, for the same vehicle code, doing 65 mph in a 50 zone, and I'm wondering why you had no chance? Did you try and if so what was the outcome?

:confused: Could you elaborate a bit. I won a written declaration, with Ticket Assasin's help, for the same vehicle code, doing 65 mph in a 50 zone, and I'm wondering why you had no chance? Did you try and if so what was the outcome?

Lucky you Patricia.....I asked for an extension, was granted. Wrote a written declaration as recommended by TA, it came back not approved(no explain ation) so i had to pay and go to online traffic school which was a pain to pass.

It was near Oxnard on 101 in Ventura County. Maybe I should've asked for another extension and take my chance go to court but I live in San Diego, who has the time? Lesson learned. I don;t know if doing 65 in a 50 make any difference. Did you have the same VC as mine? That maybe the difference.

YeeeeeeP....... :biggrin:

Welcome to California, please visit and leave your money...:smile:

ooooPS, I live in California....

Even tho how much I hate em lawess law here, nowhere is better than cali:redface:

Even tho how much I hate em lawess law here, nowhere is better than cali:redface:[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Where else in the US can you go surfing and skiing on the same day?.....IN FEB:biggrin: Just gotta be smarter of your game. Who needs snow and hibernation?

Even tho how much I hate em lawess law here, nowhere is better than cali:redface:

Exactly! Where else in the US can you go surfing and skiing on the same day?.....IN FEB:biggrin: Just gotta be smarter of your game. Who needs snow and hibernation?[/QUOTE]

Keep surfing, one day you may find out that your NSX is impounded and crushed because of an activity (say a burnout) on a private property or a unpaid speeding ticket that went to an old address.

This is exactly what's happening in Europe. Aston Martin's are getting taken and smashed for.. a burn out in a parking lot. Don't think it WILL happen, then one must not take history very seriously.

At the very least, I tell everyone to join the NMA.

Back