California Famoso Track Rental

For anyone whose interested... here's the original link: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w211-a...ml#post3183729

Hi guys,

My friends and I are renting Famoso Raceway on Saturday, December 13th from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. It'd be awesome if some of the BMW guys can join us. I'm expecting only 20 to 30 cars total for the event, so you'll be able to make as many passes as you like (last time, one of my friends made 52 passes ). This will also be a good opportunity to practice different launch techniques, shifts, different suspension setups, tire setups, etc..... The track is one of the best and fastest tracks in South California, and sits only at 650 ft elevation. Temps are expected to be between 45 F and 55 F all day, and DA should be around -1100 ft between 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., then it's expected to climb slowly to a high of +600 ft by 2:00 p.m. (but by then we'll probably have stopped racing).

Now the bad news: the track fees are a little high. So the more cars, the lower the price per car will eventually be. So far, the price has been set to $258 / car unless we exceed 30 cars. Please PayPal payment to [email protected] before December 8th, 2008. This is a Premier Verified PayPal Business account. With your payment, please also include your full name and the car you're bringing, as this list will be used for admission at the gate.

I know I don't post on here much, but you can check out my history on mbworld.org (username: MB_Forever). I have over 3,000 posts and have organized 3 track rentals in the past.

Here is the track information:

Auto Club Famoso Raceway
33559 Famoso Rd.
McFarland CA. 93250

If you're interested, please add your name to the list. Here is what we've got so far:

1) Juicee63 - CLS63 - VRP/Weight Saving Mods
2) MB_Forever - E63 - Stock
3) rarfinancial - CLS63 - RennTech/MHP
4) Shawn - E55 - Stage 3/4
5) URnext
6) Travis - M6 - Dinan Stage 1 + Custom Work

Back