C6

It looks even worse than I thought it would next to the C5!! It looks like it is smiling. I think the last Camaro, the C6, and the new Viper all look much "whimpier" than the previous generation.

They all got meaner motors, but the body's don't match.

I saw the new Z06 powered caddy at the track a few weeks back, and something just isn't right about hearing a Z06 sound coming from a caddy!

T Bell said:

They all got meaner motors, but the body's don't match.

FWIW, the new Viper motor may be more powerful from the factory, but our Hennessey modified '99 RT/10 has good looks and more power than the new car.

those C6 OEM wheels look pretty cheap.
especially in comparison to the Z06 wheels.

my first reaction when i saw an interior shot:

"blah! let's see the C6 interior"

(scrolled down)

"wait a minute...that was the C6 interior!"

I saw the 2005 vette a couple weeks ago at a vette show in Shreveport.

I can honestly say, I did not like it. The front is ugly. The lines don't flow well. It looks like a combo of a C5, 03 Viper and 550 maranello.

I inspected the interior pretty well as I expected a large improvement over the current C5 (so the mags said). I was pretty dissappointed. The console is cheap plastic and the materials did not feel very nice to the touch. Still no comparison to the NSX -- a 14 Y/O design!

Though I did think the NSX looks a litte dated inside, a few changes would bring up-to-date with little trouble.

I have no question the C6 will be a performance machine and toast my 93 NSX, but I still wouldn't trade it!

Hey fellas, great find. I saw a C6 recently on the road at dusk and it looked like a F-car from a distance... do you think that this was the intended effect? It really has that cheap "me too" look of the Hyundai G350 or whatever that has the headlights shaped like a Mercedes or Jag.

Agree with SNDSOUL... what? an automatic car wash? Your cherished ride deserves better attention.

I know that as the cars get up into the stratospheric HP's automatics are just as fast if not faster going straight, but manual or the F1 shifters (the F-car or BMW SMG type) might be better suited for that man-machine interface.

The HUD looked nice and would be a great fit to the next NSX if it's still aiming for that F-16 approach to sports cars.

My $0.02. I think the C6 is a great car, it may be like comparing wines... The C6 may be the new Chardonnay from some southern hemisphere winery, but the NSX (and in my mind the Stingrays) are well crafted reds from a master vinter that just gets better with time.

GeNSX

satan_srv said:
man, wtf is up with that interior?

When I owned a C5, I didn't really think the interior was all that bad. It has some pretty cool features like being able to know the tire pressure, automatically unlocking doors for you as you approach, etc.

I never really had any problems with mine, but I guess they do look like cheaper materials, but seemed to work fine. It that body that isn't made very strong. One big bump and the whole thing will break apart.

Does anyone here think the vettes keep getting closer and closer to the NSX in overal design??? Look at that new front bumper...minus that little apex in the middle, its the same overall concept as that of the NSX...i don't know, just my .02. (and they did on hell of a crappy job trying to mock it!)

Brian2by2 said:
Does anyone here think the vettes keep getting closer and closer to the NSX in overal design??? Look at that new front bumper...minus that little apex in the middle, its the same overall concept as that of the NSX...i don't know, just my .02. (and they did on hell of a crappy job trying to mock it!)

Next time you see a new C6 owner tell him.... Nice NSX you got there.:D

Back