C6 Vette?

I heard that the C5's lines borrowed heavily from the FD Rx7.

What do you think the C6's lines have borrowed from?

8703.jpg

That could EASILY pass for the NSX....

The C5 borrowed from the NSX.... I guess the C6 will too.

I bet it will look a lot different when the masks come off..

From that picture, it looks basically the same! Some of the lines don't look as smooth, but the shape looks like the C5. Ofcourse, like NetViper said, it probably will look different with the masks off.

I agree. It looks like they borrowed from the NSX and the FD3S for the C5...the C6 doesn't look that much different, but I'm sure the masks are hiding quite a bit.

I see way too much NSX!! I mean, the front windshield is much larger and lower on the car (revealing more of the driver than the C5)...Thats one thing I liked about the NSX is in the rearview you can see from the drivers stomach up.

Also, the sides slide into the tail of the car alot like an NSX...

:mad:

Great, more "is that a Vette?" Comments to come...:mad:

What was that they say about copying others work?
Imitation is the highest form of flattery?
:rolleyes:

Oh, and it just occurred to me. The masks on that car are probably hiding a replica of the 91 nsx front end and the integrated spoiler on the trunk.

So does this mean that critics of the so called old NSX design will be calling the new C6 Vette outdated already?:D

I guess the old NSX flip up lights is still good enough for the C6 as well:p

The new C6 will have exposed HIDs similar to the newer NSX.

The front view will be the only view that's similar. The side and 3/4 views will show the big difference with mid-engine vs front engine proportions.

There's a Z06 owner in town here that was looking to buy an NSX a couple years back but couldn't find a decent one. He liked the C5 Z06 because of the similarity in the body designs. He now considers the Z06 "the NSX with grunt".

Back