C6 comments from Motor Trend Nov05

C6 comments from Motor Trend JAN05

FROM JANUARY 05 issue.

I thought you all would enjoy these when people ask you why you bought a NSX instead of a C6.

"The new C6 is also a thorough rework of an existing car. Chief engineer Dave Hill has been widely quoted as saying 85% of the C6s mass and 70 % of its part numbers are new. Whatever that means, it doesnt count for much as we rumble down Santa Monica Boulevard in the warm afteglow of another sunny LA day. We're in the new Corvette -- and nobody noticed."

"Look closer, though, and you wonder whether any other automaker in the world could get away with charging more than $45K for a car with such poorly fitted panels and a steering wheel from a Chevy Malibu. Whats more, our tester groaned and creaked like the ship in "Master and Commander" every time we drove up the angled ramps in the underground garage at the Motor Trend Towers, and the detachable roof squeaked and rattled constantly."

Enjoy your NSX's! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Nov05? when did that that issue come out? I am a MT subscriber and MT had a full test of a Z51 C6 in the september issue. What issue is it really? I want to read all of the bad comments.

ADNOH said:
Nov05? when did that that issue come out? I am a MT subscriber and MT had a full test of a Z51 C6 in the september issue. What issue is it really? I want to read all of the bad comments.

Sorry, It is January 05.... It is the Vette vs. 911 S.

i just got the new R/T and they too had a comparison of C6 vs. 997. Take a look at what they had to say about the cars interiors
"Not only does the Corvette perform on a par with the Porsche, it takes the cake when it comes to a well-thought-out interior. The center-mounted display touch screen is one of the best around. The dual-zone climate control is also straightforward. All systems are simple to manipulate with a minimal number of buttons. This lack of clutter leaves the dash and center stack clean and elegant, as compared to the Star Trek look of the 911's panel. Without such a touch screen, the Carrera is forced to have numerous buttons, some of whose functions are not easy to decipher at a glance."
"Just about every facet of the 911's interior has been redesigned, including a wider-spaced gauge cluster and new center console that looks great but has too many small buttons."

ADNOH said:
Not only does the Corvette perform on a par with the Porsche, it takes the cake when it comes to a well-thought-out interior.
Saying that a car's interior is better than a 911 (even a new one) is no great accomplishment...

Back