'Buzz' on Halo 2

I still haven't played Halo...but will likely buy Halo 2 (and Halo if they discount it below $19 and/or bundle it with the sequel). The real question is if I'll resubscribe to Xbox Live...just don't have the time to play much (so I can't really justify the monthly subscription).

And I'll have a bajillion non-fee charging online games to play on PS2 this fall, starting with Burnout 3 in September...

You should play Halo before no2 as it will look quite dated! Its a three year old game! Still enjoy it though after two years of constant playing. Superbly balanced. Multiplayer is a riot.:)

Xbox live seems like a good thing but i don't think i can get it in Japan. My xbox is australian and i don't think they have broadband where i live. A phone line costs 300,000 yen to install.
:(

Admittedly i haven't played the XBOX version of Halo 1, but i did try the PC version. i really disliked it. That surprised me because i'd heard a lot of positive feedback, and it appeared to be a gaming experience i would enjoy (space sci-fi Aliens-influenced etc..)

But the PC version made my state-of-the-art PC seem slow (poorly written code). The graphics did not impress me whatsoever, and I lost interest after playing the first few stages. The gameplay didn't grab me; it feel like a lame console-port. :( Multiplayer has often saved many a poor game, but in Halo the vehicles were cumbersome and the netcode was again laggy. It received the 'delete key' treatment after only one night. I'm so glad it was a mate's copy because i would have been upset wasting my money on it. Halo might have been great three years ago, but FPS games have come a LONG way since then. So no offense to those of you who love Halo... but i wouldn't bother with Halo 1. <B>Akira3D</B>, you might be better skipping straight to Halo 2 because you're an experienced gamer and may find Halo dated.

That doesn't mean Halo 2 will suck. But if they do a PC conversion, i hope they do a proper job. A majority of console-ports to PC have left a lot to be desired.

*neo gets off his soap box* :p

but i did try the PC version. i really disliked it

I've heard quite a few of those comments.

I'm talking about the xbox version, which you need to experience, designed for the xbox controller and runs smoothly of course! The vehicles are a complete joy in the xbox version. The pc version as you said was just a port of an older game so yeah graphics wouldn't be too crash hot.

Have to disagree with single player sucks, i enjoy it, good fun, especially since i have moved away from my lan freak friends. Co-op is excellent too. I've been waiting for this to return since the old commodore 64 'commando' days':D

Bring on halo2!

http://www.ilovebees.com

Back