Buying NSX - Have questions

I'm thinking about buying an NSX in the next 5 months or so. How much should I be offering for a 97 with moderately low mileage? A 97 may be out of my price range so if need be I'm considering buying an older model with low mileage my question though is how do I finance this car? I've talked to various banks and they all refuse to finance a car more than 5 years old. I don't have the 30-40K in cash so I'm in somewhat of a corner. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

NSXDave,

Did you ever get your NSX? I was in the same situation and my bank didn't give me any problems on a 97 NSX-T. My bank is SECU of MD.

-William

[This message has been edited by wctsao (edited 22 March 2002).]

NSXDave,

Since you live in Maryland, you may want to check out Radley Acura in Baileys Crossroads, VA. They have a certified 97 black/tan that they're asking $50k for. I think Acura has special financing on all certified vehicles. Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA just got a certified 98 but I don't know what color.

I would also agree with the recommendation of using SECU MD. You can join if you or ANYONE in your distant family has ever taken a class at ANY public school in MD. Pretty loose requirements to join. But I think they are offering 5.9% for 72 month loans. (you might have to ask for an exception for a 97 but they have done it before)

Good luck.

Originally posted by WeakestLink:
NSXDave,

........... They have a certified 97 black/tan that they're asking $50k for. I think Acura has special financing on all certified vehicles. Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA just got a certified 98 but I don't know what color.

Ouch that hurts! $50K for a 97 black/tan? And only a few weeks ago someone was posting that he could not find a 97 or 98 lower than $60K!!!

98-T
Black/Tan with 16.7K miles!

Thank you all for your help. I wish I could afford a 97 right now but I'm afraid the payments would be too much of a financial burden. WeakestLink, I checked the Radley Acura site and I didn't see the 97 NSX. When did you see this car?

I saw the car a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure they still have it but since it's not on their website, I'm guessing that it is "certified" by someone else other than Acura. I recently got my NSX there from the Internet manager named Don. You can call him at 703-431-7442.

There is also a 96 Acura certified red/tan with 28k miles in PA. I think they are asking $48 or so.

Good luck.

Back