Buying and NSX soon

hey guys my name is John and im from Chino Hills, CA, I dont have an NSX yet, but have already decided that the NSX will be mine soon. I was hoping to get some advice before purchasing a 94-97 model NSX. Most of the ones ive seen that are within my price range are around or over 100,000 miles. My question is, what are some things I should be looking for when inspecting the car before purchase, and what would be some common parts that would need replacing. For owners who have over 100k miles on their NSX, are there any common issues that you may have experienced that I should know about? I understand the car is about 15 yrs old and parts will need to be replace, I would just like to get somewhat of an idea so I wont be caught of guard once ive made the purchase. any help/advice is appreciated. thanks in advance

hey guys my name is John and im from Chino Hills, CA, I dont have an NSX yet, but have already decided that the NSX will be mine soon. I was hoping to get some advice before purchasing a 94-97 model NSX. Most of the ones ive seen that are within my price range are around or over 100,000 miles. My question is, what are some things I should be looking for when inspecting the car before purchase, and what would be some common parts that would need replacing. For owners who have over 100k miles on their NSX, are there any common issues that you may have experienced that I should know about? I understand the car is about 15 yrs old and parts will need to be replace, I would just like to get somewhat of an idea so I wont be caught of guard once ive made the purchase. any help/advice is appreciated. thanks in advance

If the NSX is a 1991 or 1992 check the tranny for snap ring range. The window regulators may need attention. Use the fix-it-thingies.

Other than that, the door speakers might go and the climate control board may need repair. The ABS pressure system occasionally gives up on older, less-used units over time. That's about it for across-the-board issues.

Make sure maintenance is up-to-date including replacement of the cooling system hoses and inspection of the VTEC solenoid. You might also want to replace the crankshaft pulley or install Dave's pulley shield during the next 90k mile service interval.

Do a search on any of the topics I just mentioned if you'd like further reading.

Welcome to prime. Just a little FYI, you will get few responses except to tell you this has ALL been covered here so search is your friend. Let us know if you need help finding your answers after spending some time with the search button. You will get more thorough answers that way anyway. Good luck and keep us posted.

Jeff

thanks for the replies guys, i really appreciate it. im looking for a 94-96 model yr, 97 and up would be nice, but a bit out of my price range. anyways, ill begin my research , will keep you all posted once ive finally got the NSX. thanks again!

the search for 'the one' is fun ... but the purchase is better!

we all look forward to seeing 'the one' you end up buying!

Welcome :smile: Why are you not interested in 91-93? Those are the lightest of the bunch and the lack of power assisted steering isnt that bad as long as your moving when you turn.

Whats your budget? Being willing to travel out of state to buy the car helps alot. I suggest you pay for a Pre Purchase Inspection at a reputable dealer with a NSX savy tech.

Don't forget a copy of the Buyers checklist from the Wiki :cool:

Good Luck on your search

my budget is 30k +/- 5k I prefer the 93' and up models because I would want a T-top, single color (not the 2-toned), and I didnt want to deal with the common tranny probs that the early models had. As far as color, the common one seems to be red or black, id prefer red but if the right deal comes along, i wont really care what color it is. So far I do my searches everywhere. I did find one that was in Florida, but the guy had already sold it 2 days b4. The search goes one....

Hey guys, I finally got my NSX. Picked it up last week, its a 95' BB its in the shop now getting work done, but I cant wait to finally take her out this weekend. Thanks to all for the advice/information!

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 84
Congrats, any plans to add mods?

I hope the timing belt and water pump have been changed as per the Honda factory recommendations. Also, I would change all 23 coolant hoses too.

Its in the shop getting all the necessary work done and some, cant wait to set her loose this weekend.

besides maintenance being done at the shop are there any aftermarket mods being done to it?

hehe...hopefully this weekend has nice weather cause i wanna take mine out too, lol.:biggrin:

oh man i'm so jealous!

I started reading this thread and thought, Hey this guy and I are on the same both and are in Cali! But as i scrolled down i found that you got it already!

congrats man! black and targa is what im looking for too!

Back