Buying an S2000!

Finally drove the S2000. It's a blast, but no match for the NSX despite fairly comparable 0-60 times. The NSX clearly has more torque and superior handling. The S2000
has great brakes and is very nimble. The new Suzuka Blue color is gorgeous. The dealer is actually selling for $500 less than MSRP.

What is the msrp on those? I have heard that they went way above msrp when it was first introduced.

Msrp is 32,860.00. Still some regional price gouging in areas where demand is higher.

Hi Jim --

The S2000 is indeed a very good car. You can find out lots of information by visiting this website:
www.S2ki.com

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

[email protected]
http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com

Hey Jim -

I admit that I'm biased in that I'm already on my second S2000. However, I think I can help you a little here.

Depending on a couple of factors, $500 below MSRP might be a very good deal. Some of the determining factors are:
1) Where you live. Some dealers here in CA (esp. N. CA are still screwing the buying public and charging BS "market adjustments").
2) What condition the car is in. Has it been test driven, for example. The S2000, in my experience, really needs to be treated properly with respect to break in periods. Be wary of "new" S2K's with more than 10 miles on the odo. Any more than that, and I guarantee that some 18 year old kid has taken it for a test spin and screwed up the clutch, brakes and break in period.
3) What color you want. Suzuka Blue has a loyal following, to be sure, but it's not everyone's favorite. Finding a Spa Yellow at MSRP is going to be much more difficult than a Grand Prix White, for example.

Chris from S.O.S. has already given you perhaps the best advice... check out S2Ki.com. It's a very good board that's mostly free of knuckleheads and you should be able to get any questions that you have answered there.

If there's anything else that I can do to help, please feel free to email me.

Regards,

Christian "Da Hapa" Asis
[email protected]

thanks guys. I've been away from my desk. I appreciate the input. I think the s2ki.com website is pretty good but not as useful (or friendly) as this one. I ended up getting the car I described. The Suzuka blue sold my wife and I actully prefer the car in metallic colors. The blue interior is pretty cool. Overall, a great sportscar that is a totally different driving experience than the NSX (still my favorite).

Back