Buying a '91?

Hi,
I've recently gotten the NSX bug, and was looking into selling my TT (which I just got only recently :( ) in order to get one. I was planning on getting a 97+ T. I havn't had any luck at all selling my TT, and just so happened upon a 'perfect' '91 at an Acura dealer in my area (Denver). Since its at a dealer, I could just trade it in, although I'm going to take a pretty big loss on the TT since its so new. It just doesn't do it for me (regret selling my S2000 for it). The '91 is black/black w/ 17700 mi. and they are asking $36k. I went to look at it today and it did look flawless. I had looked at a new NSX previously regarding the lease deal thing that is going on, and aside from the cosmetic changes, the '91 looked just as new as the '03 to me. The dealer said the timing belt/water pump service had been done recently, as well as the snap ring stuff. Is this too much money for, what I thought was an A '91? This is the first used NSX I haved looked at however. Also, I plan to keep this car for a good while.

If the car is in fact up to date on all maintenance (including recent timing belt and water pump), is in excellent condition, and doesn't have any issues, $36k asking price from a dealer is reasonable. I expect you can negotiate it down a bit and then it definitely sounds like a good deal. Just make sure to check everything yourself first, get the service documentation and an inspection, etc.

what are you expecting for your 97? i may want to take it off of your hand...................my 93 will depart at the end of this month.

wishlist said:
Hi,
I've recently gotten the NSX bug, and was looking into selling my TT (which I just got only recently :( ) in order to get one. I was planning on getting a 97+ T. I havn't had any luck at all selling my TT, and just so happened upon a 'perfect' '91 at an Acura dealer in my area (Denver). Since its at a dealer, I could just trade it in, although I'm going to take a pretty big loss on the TT since its so new. It just doesn't do it for me (regret selling my S2000 for it). The '91 is black/black w/ 17700 mi. and they are asking $36k. I went to look at it today and it did look flawless. I had looked at a new NSX previously regarding the lease deal thing that is going on, and aside from the cosmetic changes, the '91 looked just as new as the '03 to me. The dealer said the timing belt/water pump service had been done recently, as well as the snap ring stuff. Is this too much money for, what I thought was an A '91? This is the first used NSX I haved looked at however. Also, I plan to keep this car for a good while.

Lud said:
I expect you can negotiate it down a bit and then it definitely sounds like a good deal. Just make sure to check everything yourself first, get the service documentation and an inspection, etc.

I offered them $34k and accepted the trade offer he gave me on my TT, and he said no. I was dealing with the fleet manager directly. The $36k is what he came down to from $36,995. So maybe $35,5. A couple of $1-2k isn't really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I was going to print out all the info from the FAQ's and go down there and check over the #'s on the trans etc. if I plan to do this.

Another Q. I do plan to drive this car. Is it a waste to pay the premium for a really low mileage one, when a 50k mi. one would probably do? What about modding? This car is completely stock and I would think that it is more valuable because of that.

yellowpad said:
what are you expecting for your 97? i may want to take it off of your hand...................my 93 will depart at the end of this month.

I think you might have misunderstood me. I don't have a '97, that is the year I was planning on getting after I sold my TT, but just happened across a '91 that I could trade the TT for.

Back