• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buyers Beware of Acura of Libertyville

On March 22, 07 I purchased my first NSX from Acura of Libertyville via a Cars.com listing. However I must report that this dealership did not have legal title of the vehicle and has after 3 months not been able to produce the legal title for the car.

I would suggest in working with these folks to have them fax over a copy of the legal title before funding the vehicle.
I would also suggest flying out to inspect the actual condition of the vehicle as it does not appear this firm understands our expectations of exact description of any imperfections.

I have filed a complaint with the State of Illinois Attorney General to follow up on this transaction. I do have possession of the vehicle and love it but it is un-nerving not to have a title on a car that I paid cash for. I have exhaustive emails with the co-owner on this issue and accuracy of condition without resolution. I guess we will see how the judicial process works in supporting the consumer.

2004 Red/Tan #46

You or libertyville acura file for a lost title.

DMV in NY sends the out in 3-4 days i think they are $50

Wow! I'm sorry for your experience with them. I bought my NSX new from them 2yrs ago and also paid cash. With the exception of them not picking my wife and I up from the airport everything went very smoothly and I received all of my paperwork from them.

I sincerely hope they get that resolved for you because paying that much money for a car and not having the title is not acceptable!

Back