Building a NSX database.

A friend of mine on Prime, screen name Ira, has been compiling a database of NSX information originally just for LBBP cars. But he has since branched out to include RIO and Imola. I have attached the links to his findings and current listing, if you would like your blue, yellow or orange NSX added please pm Ira or post your pertinent information ( to include VIN,model year, location) within this thread and I will pass this along to Ira. We would love to represent eventually all the North American colors/models, so post or pm your NSX information irregardless of the model/year.
-Steven (Vanishing Point)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...low-Pearl-Roster-2004-2005-USDM-Vehicles-Only

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...lue-Pearl-Roster-2002-2005-USDM-Vehicles-Only

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...nge-Pearl-Roster-2002-2005-USDM-Vehicles-Only

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully with more imput from members of Prime we could actually initiate a NSX Registry. This would substantiate the uniqueness and speciality of the NSX amongst other car marque's. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Come on you DFW Spa owners, I know your out there! Lol! In case I didn't make myself clear it would be great to get a thorough talley of all the colors so post here or pm Ira with your info.

FYI .. with Lud's concurrence, I created a "Registry of VIN sightings" a few years ago as a separate subsection of the Wiki on this site. http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Category:NSXRegistry
Prior to that, there had been a lot of interest in; and discussion about; having a registry but there were a few people who had been fairly vocal about security concerns. So, the idea was to start the project as a registry of 'public sightings' where a 'sighting' could be a 'for sale' listing on eBay, Autotrader, Prime, etc .. or it could be one of those websites that deals in auctioning wreck cars .. or it could just be just someone on Prime who knew the cars history or had maybe done a Carfax check. Before we announced the creation of the registry, I started pre-loading it with 'for sale' information I had collected over the years ... and also archived 'for sale' threads on Prime. But the job of data entry became very onerous because of a number of factors such as the high percentage of people who can't even get the VIN right; inconsistencies in the provided information; etc. Lud even tried outsourcing the data entry but it really takes an NSX-knowledgable person to do the checks. And to be honest, just Googling a VIN will show any instances in threads on Prime without going to the work of putting links in the registry. Lud did create an automated mechanism to capture some eBay into a sort of for sale thread but that's all I'm aware of that's automated.
The other issue with the current registry is that the Wiki has been locked down (ie. no updating) since Lud last moved the site and won't likely be re-enabled any time soon .. so I'd be interested in other alternatives to keep the concept of a registry alive. One idea I had was to get Lud to create a separate topic area called NSX Registry and then we could create a thread for each VIN and it changed hands or was seen, people could add to the thread for the specific VIN. Presumably, we could also copy over the existing registry info or just point to it from the first post for that VIN. To be honest, I've lost track of how many VINs are already in the registry but I think it's over 1000.
Thoughts?

The Registry that Lud created many years ago was a great start. But you're right the lack of it being updated and inconsistencies have rendered it almost useless.

I agree 100%, I've found numerous error's in VIN input from people that either mis type their VIN or purposely leave out numbers or digits. Every VIN that I've been able to publicly acquire I validated with tools available from the insurance industry.

Maintaining something of that size by any one person and not having it automated is ridiculous, however dividing it into color codes makes it much more manageable and specialized, additionally it's something that ANYONE can take over and continue on over time by simply copying and pasting the prior post.

I spoke with Ben who has a compiled list of VIN's when I was interested in finding my production number however after discussion I was educated that a production number will never be possible to obtain unless Honda releases the production list.

Since joining prime many years ago and finally obtaining an NSX this year, it's been somewhat frustrating how new ideas aren't very accepted or the notion that something has already been put in place and therefor it's better than anything else that can be created. The concerns regarding privacy are fine, however the fear of malicious activity from a publicly available VIN, is extremely negligible.

Anyway, as stated, if any owners WANT to help the color registry; please feel free.

Spa skeleton is done;

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...low-Pearl-Roster-1997-2003-USDM-Vehicles-Only

Last edited:
Back