• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bronze Pwdercoat Info?

Would anyone know the manufacture/ or a supplier of the bronze/ dark bronze powder coat material and part number commonly found on wheels like the volks? I have powdercoater I have used for years but we can't seem to locate the proper color.

Thanks for your help, Bryan.

[email protected]

interesting info- have you checked with other powdercoaters? just curious, i was thinking about going the same route someday.

I have sent requests for color charts/ chips and have been waiting some time again. The shops that are using the color don't like to let there info out. I prefer to do the stripping/ blasting as I have had many problems in the past with wheels and other light alloy item being damaged or "over blasted" Thanks Bryan.

matching paint is not the issue here- trying to find powder match is. i would not be looking for an exact match but something close- has your pwdercoater stated that there are no close matches whatsoever as in a bronze powder is not available?

when i originally looked into these i had two different shops tell me they need to be anodozided first then powdercoated to get that bronze finish. At the time i brought in a bronze Volk CE28N wheel to match and was told the same by both shops. both shops just specialize in just powder coating so i think they would have known.

ok, from your statement i gather that the actual bronze color is achieved by anodizing and then coating it with clear powder, therefore bronze powder does not exist which explaind why you can't find any.

We have tried a samples, color is not even close. I agree that the color on some of the Volks i have seen is Anodized , then clear coated. There are colors very similar. I agree that you cannot match this look with paint/powdercoat alone. I'll let you know what i find, powdercoat seems to come in as many different colors as paint. Just a a matter of finding the right supplier. I have went through this with paint many times. I needed a true red some time ago, went through literally hundreds of chip, color scans , opinions , now it all"s. Finally had the idea of using red mixing base, the color was outstanding ( in my opinion) , funny part was after my panels where painted, another customer had his fresh respray stripped and reshot the same red.

Including today, approx a dozen . The problem is they seems to be 2 different colors just with different names by different suppliers. I did see a chip today that was labeled "dark Bronze" this one looked better. I'll try and get more info this week on that one.

I keep coming up with one called "antique bronze" , and the other a "hammer tone" one. Ill get the name of the wheel I'm using for a sample as well.

Finally a bit more info here. I have found a company that has a good selection of colors, and will sell in as low as a 2 pound quantity. The gal Kirsten has been great to work with.
The sample that matched the wheels i have was there "Utility Gold" PMB-2106 but the samples of there "Stone Bronze" PMB-2106 and Alpine Bronze PMS-4645 looked better in my opinion. I chose the Stone Bronze for my application. Here is the company contact information.

Kirsten Proulx
Account Manager
Prismatic Powders
NIC Industries INC
(541) 826-1422 ext. 105
[email protected]

sweet- do they have a website where i can see the colors? i need to get 4 pounds.

Back