Bringing in a car To CALI.

Ok does anyone know what procedures are required by California DMV? I know that I need the title from the other state and a smog check (what if I fail?) and a bill of sale.

Yet I heard there is a way to get around the fees of not paying it. I live in Sacramento county and the car is comming from Texas.

Any help will be appreciated.

Getting around the Use Tax requires waiting 90 days to register, search the forum and you'll find a previous post of an owner who did it. Goodluck!

When I tried to import a Viper into Cali the local DMV said to make sure the car was a 50 state legal car. I dont know if NSX's are all 50 state legal or not. The DM stinkin'V told me to look in the engine compartment for a sticker that said something about meeting FEDERAL emission standards. If the sticker was missing or had never been there, then the local referee would need to check and make sure that it met federal standards. Again, this pertained to a Viper so I don't know if this applied to NSX's or not.

------------------
99 BMW 3-series Red/Tan Harman/Kardan stereo,Zenon H-lights,Chrome 17's,AC Schnitzer rear wing,Smoked tailights, markers and turnsignals and tinted windows.
994runner Red/Tan Supercharger, headers, catback, limited flares and cladding, highlander hood w'scoop, chromed 17"budniks w/pirelli 285/60 P-Zero's,Billet grille, Eclipse Navigation & Limited interior wood accents.

The smog cert. sticker for California in the NSX is in the engine compartment on the firewall between the passenger compartment. I believe it's yellow from memory.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Back