Bridgewater Acura - Bridgewater, New Jersey JH4NA21601T000113

Bridgewater Acura - Bridgewater, New Jersey

I am presently in negotiations with Bridgewater Acura on a 2001 red/tan 6 speed with 13K miles on it. It is a one owner lease return from their dealership and is Acura certified.
The car does not have the optional CD player or any other options of which I am aware (car cover, trunk mat, nose mask, etc.).
Is anyone familiar with this car - JH4NA21601T000113? It has a clean Car Fax report. I have never owned an NSX. What is a good price (buyer's perspective) for this car? With the '04 NSX available on a lease at $799, a lot of used cars should be available at a good price.
Is there anything I need to worry about with a lease return?
Oh, I will be shipping the car from NJ to California if their price is agreeable and the car checks out OK. Any thoughts on a shipper?
Actually Michael Lasko, their Sales Manager, has been terrific so far, but I was almost burned by a dealership in North Carolina on an '01 tiptronic silverstone several months ago, so I am very apprehensive. Of course it was not an Acura dealership!
Thanks for the help.

Hi,

I know Mike Lasko personally (he sometimes checks in on Prime as well) he is the Pre-owned Sales Mgr. at Bridgewater Acura. He is a real stand-up guy, and the dealership is great as well. I just bought my new TL from. As a matter of fact, when I was there buying the TL I saw that NSX. It's in the showroom and I sat in it for a while. I also looked around the car, just checking it over. The car is in mint condition, very very clean. I didn't drive it, but it's so clean and in such good shape that I wouldn't even be concerned about it's mechanicals (plus it's still under warranty) Hope that helps :D:D

Oh, one final note. Right down the street is a Saturn dealer called Saturn Of Greenbrook. I bought my 1998 NSX last year from them. They are another great dealership, and they have a 2000 Red / Camel NSX on their lot as well. Their NSX is mint too, and it only has 6,000 miles on it. You may want to give them a call. Pretty weird, the two dealerships are probably 5 miles apart and they have basically the same car. At the Saturn dealer the salesman I dealt with last year was named Ricky and the General Managers name is Dave.

-John

John,
Thank you for the information. I am kind of set on a 2001 just because it is the last year with the concealed headlights. But I have to admit the information on the 2000 red/tan is nice to know. I am going to be in NJ on Saturday the 5th. I will stop and see the other one as well. Maybe their price is more negotiable and they appear to have less miles on their car. Thank you again,
Cairo

Yeah, I just found the ad myself. I have sent that dealership an e-mail to see if they can call me. I will be just down the street, so I will definitely look at both cars and hopefully buy one of them. Whomever can make me the best deal is the one I will deal with.
I like the idea of the one at Saturn having only 5K on it....but the time I was almost ripped off it was by a Saturn dealer that had an NSX so I have to admit that right from the get go I am leary of the Saturn dealership.
The funny thing is that if the 5K miles car works out to be one, then the Acura dealership would be doing the pre-purchase inspection to have the car Acura certified while their car sits awaiting another buyer.
I would prefer to buy from Acura, but money is money and buying a car is just like throwing money away for the most part, so which ever one is the best car at the best price is going to be the one.
Thanks, Cairo

I thought the same thing when I flew out to Denver to purchase a 00 from Pikes Peak Acura. They told me the car is flawless a perfect 10. Lets just say once I saw the car, I had a few kind words for the dealer. It was probably one of the worst 00 NSX I had ever seen. My point is that a dealer is a dealer. They will tell you anything to sell you the car.
Now I'm flying out to New York to take a look at another car that has a private owner. I hope I'm not wasting my time again.
Good luck on your purchase.

Yeah, I agree, having bought more than a few cars myself. I guess that the words excellent, mint, pristine, etc., have completely different meanings in different parts of the country.
I am hopeful though, especially after an NSXPrime member has seen the car and described it as mint that it will be just that.
Good luck to you, hopefully if the panets all line up and all that stuff we will both have a toy. Cairo

I think you have consider that it'll cost you at least 2k for an enclosed carrier to ship out to cali.

Yeah, I have checked into transport and at this time of year I am probably going to go with an open car transport, probaly 1K. If I could locate a covered transport for close to that I would prefer covered. Thanks for the thoughts.

Back