braves blow it again

The Atlanta Braves have proved once again that they are the Buffalo Bills of baseball we cannot win the big games....granted I might be spoiled since the home town team has won 12 division titles in a row...but in those twelve years we have one lousy pennant and that was the year i wanted the other team to win...come on guys win when it counts...it was easier back in the 80's when our braves sucked...

At least your Braves won some pennants and a World Series. I'm a Cleveland Indians fan for pete's sake!

I'm also a Pirates fan, and I will never forgive Sid Bream, Cabrera, and your beloved Braves for spoiling their World Series hopes back in the nineties.

Go Cubbies! Go Sox!

Since my wife is a die hard ?(and I mean die hard) Mets fan, I have to root against the Braves. Imagine our joy when the underdog and long suffering Cubs handed them their butts yesterday.

Go Cubs and Go Sox.

Are you kidding??? Marlins Vs. Cubs is a broadcaster's dream!!! Cub fans are insane!! Their were almost as many cubbies as braves at Turner Field the other night and the whole series for that! They've been waiting for this for SOO long!!!

However, being a native floridian, I must root for the Marlins. I wish it were the braves vs. marlins though...the Marlins play the braves much tougher than the cubs and we're a warm weather team. Wrigley is a bit chilley right now!!

And say the Marlins get past the cubs, them yanks better watch out! Oakland or Boston is gonna be one HELL of a match up!!

And then the Marlins: bset record in baseball on the flipside of the All-Star break...and the best thing: you could add up our non-starters salary and it STILL wouldn't equal that of Derek Jeter alone!! :D

I too, am a longtime Braves Fan (Pre-91). Even though I am sad we are out again, we can be proud of how well the team did overall this season. Now that we are out I would love a Cubs/Red Sox World Series!!!!!!

The Sox did it again!! The only team to be down 0-2 then come back 3 in a row to win the series.

redsoxlogo640.jpg

Those Braves always seem to fall apart in the post season. It is like they get complacent and figure that the other teams are just going to roll over for them and they don't have to play hard.
You would figure after going to the play offs for so many consecutive years, they would realize this...apparently they don't.

I disagree, (being a Braves fan). I think it is really just a combination of some bad luck (hitting a slump towards the end of most every season), and the fact that the fans have not been as supportive in the post season as every other team's fan base. I think this has to play a role in the drive a team has to win, and when they can't fill a stadium at home games during the playoffs, it has to be factor in.

Shumdit said:
I disagree, (being a Braves fan). I think it is really just a combination of some bad luck (hitting a slump towards the end of most every season), and the fact that the fans have not been as supportive in the post season as every other team's fan base. I think this has to play a role in the drive a team has to win, and when they can't fill a stadium at home games during the playoffs, it has to be factor in.
Fans have come to expect them to win every year that causes the place not to sell out. Maybe if the go a few decades without doing anything it would change.
I have a tough time believing the whole team would be in a slump at the same time. Just more excuses for why the chock almost every year(except for one).

92NSX said:
Fans have come to expect them to win every year that causes the place not to sell out. Maybe if the go a few decades without doing anything it would change.
I have a tough time believing the whole team would be in a slump at the same time. Just more excuses for why the chock almost every year(except for one).

Better to "Chock" than to Choke!:D

bottom line they cannot win when it counts........so they choke........get rid of bobby cox.........and if we are cleaning house in atlanta get rid of dan reeves too.........who kicks a field goal with less than four minute left in a game when you are down by more than 21 what a joke...........if i didn't have a job i would send my resume..........i feel better now...........

Bacon,
I disagee with people always wanting to get rid of the coach/manager. This happens all the time in pro and college sports, and I think this is a lousy response to fans dissatisfaction with the performance of the team they are pulling for. I am a Clemson Tigers fan, and after the bowl game ass-kicking we got last year, many fans were calling for Coach Tommy Bowden's head, and again after a bad loss in our first game this year. Then we won three in a row and all was right with the world for those fans. Now we lost again last week, and guess who is back on the radio call-in shows looking for blood? The same fair-weather friends who call themselves fans. A fan is someone who sticks with the team in good times and bad. Cubs fans, Red Sox fans, now those are true fans. We have a lot of newcomers (last 10 years or so) in the braves fan camp, and the first year we fail to win the division many of them will defect. I can agree with an earlier statement that braves fans have gotten spoiled by expecting too much every year. I am a braves fan from the pre-Dale Murphy days, and can remember Hank in uniform. We were not winners often in those days, and maybe it was better then, because you knew who the true fans were, instead of the bandwagon we have now.
Bobby Cox- Good Job!
Braves- We'll get 'em next year! Great Offense this year
Congrats to Greg Maddux for his record 16 consecutive seasons with at least 15 wins.
Javy- way to pick up the offense this year-
Shef- you were a great part of our sucess this year- Thanks!
Furcal- you are a great young talent on our team
Vinny- Glad you came back to the Braves fold!
Julio- you are the best 40-45 year old in the majors!
To all I have left out- Thanks for the great season- you guys are the best!!
A true braves fan

Braves- We'll get 'em next year! Great Offense this year
When is that year ever going to come???
Congrats to Greg Maddux for his record 16 consecutive seasons with at least 15 wins
He is DA MAN !!
Javy- way to pick up the offense this year
Incredible turn around for sure. Bummer he is a free agent now.
Shef- you were a great part of our sucess this year- Thanks
THANKS??? For doing your job, getting millions of dollars for catching a ball?!?!?
Furcal- you are a great young talent on our team
Right on the money. IMO, best SS in game.
Vinny- Glad you came back to the Braves fold!
Average 3rd baseman.
Julio- you are the best 40-45 year old in the majors!
Only one to be able to solve the Cubs pitchers.
To all I have left out- Thanks for the great season- you guys are the best!!
Not quite, maybe if they won a post season series for a change that might have a little more truth to it.
A baseball fan.

So who is your team 92NSX? I guess they suck if they don't win the world series every year? I hope you are not claiming to be a braves fan, or you can put yourself in the "fairweather fan" category. You can pick apart my opinions all you want, but the fact remains that the Braves have the longest consecutive title streak in sports history (any sport at any time) and the best record in baseball over that span of time. That speaks volumes about the quality of team they are. I too am disappointed when they fail to win it all, but compared to the team they used to be (pre 91) they have been exceptional, and dare I say better than every other team in baseball when the big picture is looked at, instead of just looking at the result of a seven game span every year. As you can tell from my previous comment, I would love to see the Sox and Cubs in the world series, now that the braves are out of it. Their fans deserve that thrill, yet that does not mean they pull for shitty teams, even though they both rarely make the playoffs due to the fact that they can not win enough games of the first 162 to get to the postseason.

Well, believe it or not I am a Braves fan. I make it to as many games as I can. I just get so mad when they make it to play offs and don't do anything with it. I to stick with them thru thick and then but can see the bigger picture also.
You can ask the wife, there probably aren't many people around that are as big as sports fan as I am. Just for the record.
BTW, I'm an Auburn fan also. Have been for 20 years, so what does that tell ya.

Back