Brand new to the forum

I am brand new and in the hunt for and NSX. I am looking for a 91 or 92. I have a limited budget so I am hoping to be a ble to find one in the 20K range and slowly do the upgrades myself. I have seen a couple in local newspapers or on Ebay in this range but they usually are automatics. Any thoughts to getting a NSX that is an auto VS. 5 speed. Seems to defeat the purpose to have a sports car of the NSX caliber... that is an automatic. Am I way off ?

Kinda, but the auto also has it advantages like no snap ring issue, or the possibility of one mis-shifting while racing the car. Sure, it is a little weaker compare to a manual one, but still is a NSX nonetheless.

With that price range, you probably will find one that has a salvaged title or above 130,000 miles, which is of no concern to me at all.

THanks ! For the info in the autmatic. I will keep that in mind. As far as mileage, I am not really worried about high miles. I plan on doing some faurly extensive work to the car and engine.

Has anyone out ther tought of putting a techtronic ( sp ?) on their automatic ?

BTW......
91 MR2... interesting.. I have a 87 that I made into a convertible. Chopped the top. Cut the entire backend off and made a fibreGlass backend that "flips back" like a Ferrari. 17" wheels and front-end spoiler. Dropped a couple of hundred pounds so far....

badtl1000s said:
What !!! Are you insane !!??? I think there is a little difference between a 87 Mr2 that I got for $750 and a Machine like and NSX !!!!

Yes, they are two totally completely different vehicles. Beside everything else, the NSX is an exotic and many times as expensive, compare to the MR2, when buy used or new.

Has anyone out ther tought of putting a techtronic ( sp ?) on their automatic ?

Steptron was standard on my 95 auto. It works well. One drawback is that you can't get the "dump the clutch" feel and its still auto from 1st to 2nd at redline.

(please dont flame me for the AT, I prefer'd an auto since I really dont race or track)

Back