• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brand new ctsc kit review

Here is my review of the ctsc and Driving Ambiton.

First off, I took the car to Shad to have a baseline dyno and compression test prior to buying the kit.
All cylinders were 235 psi with the car putting down 251 hp.
As soon as Shad popped the hatch he noticed a whine from the engine which he narrowed down to the timing belt being too tight or the alternator bearings. I purchased the blower kit along with a valve adjustment, new valve cover gaskets, spool valve gaskets, and cam seals. All of which were seeping oil. Plus a abs flush.
I also had him change all of that ugly red tubing back to Oem black.

I picked up the car today and could barely beleive my ears at how smooth my car started and idled. It was buttery smooth. I figured all the clicking and clacking of the valves were normal. The car pulled 340 hp to the wheels for a 1991 with dc headers, taitec exhaust, Df scoop, and uni filter. The car threw a ignition code which Shad narrowed down to the ground being not connected on the transmission, thanks to Acura of Concord.
The car still later on threw the code, so he changed the ignition controller.

Now I know some people here try to justify dumping 10k or more into the motor for 350 hp but all I can say is the car is completely changed 180 degrees. It pulls hard, pins you in your seat, and holds you down there.
It also is extremely manageable power with almost zero change on how the car reacts and handles. There is also no longer the awwwww moment when shifting into second gear. Now it's holy shit, awwww yeah!
The throttle response is off the hook! The blower cannot even be heard until about 5400 rpm and when you do hear it, man what a sound it makes! I cannot even begin to describe it. Shad really knows these cars so well with the ctsc. My car runs so smoothly now it's like he dropped a new motor in there. He also re-tapped all of the stripped threads for the coil pack covers so everything is tight and Oem. I cannot beleive the quality of work he does for the labor rate he charges.

Lastly, when I got home today I ripped out those ugly white gauges and went back to Oem black coupled with the billet cluster rings. It also looks as though ct ditched those cheap looking carbon fuel rail covers as my kit came with aluminum ones with ft logos. It really showcases the awesome looking blower. Time to go drive now, hope you enjoyed my review. My hats are definitely off to ct and Shad at driving ambition. Any questions just ask.
AJ

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea why the pictures are so small, let's try this.
View attachment 122496View attachment 122497View attachment 122498View attachment 122499

- - - Updated - - -

Next to go is that ugly bling bling Dali racing coolant tank!

Last edited:
That's great you sound totally excited. As long as your happy, that's what matters. I remember my first drive with my blower... 363rwhp...what a rush, haha...

Thanks man. I cannot imagine these cars with a turbo pushing your power levels. But I did deal with a custom built turbo h22a prelude previous to the nsx and it was too much to fiddle with for me. I wanted something that passes smog and is legal but still has the fun factor. That is exactly what I was sold. Perfect! Eventually I will upgrade the head gaskets and do a new fuel system. But for the time being I am a very happy man. Sometimes modifications are not so turn key as these.
Had I not had the carb board in California I would be reviewing the sos twin turbo kit.

Here is the dyno chart. You can see how the power band and torque band is identical to Oem. Just way more power.View attachment 122535

Last edited:
Nice.

Thanks Rob. One of these days I am going to finally figure out this picture posting crap and why some pics are small, upside down, ect.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=30626]Hass[/MENTION], I can barely post pictures correctly. A video might be a long shot for a guy like me!:wink:

Congrats on the supercharger. You sound very satisfied. Glad to hear that Driving Ambition is still rolling out happy customer service. So many bad shops out there I feel like the good ones don't ever get enough recognition.

Thank you. I'm really liking it. I can still leave traction control off and the car still stays put on the road easily.Though I did do a launch where I dumped the clutch at 3000 rpm. The rear lit up like it normally would except it hit the limiter in like 1.5 seconds. Kinda why I am a bit on the fence about short gears. But the blower just looks bad ass. Kinda like a big machine gun strapped to you motor.:biggrin:

Blower looks great, and I know extra horses must feel great. Congratulations!

Blower looks great, and I know extra horses must feel great. Congratulations!
Yes, thank you. Plus those billet cluster rings look great as well! Thanks again.

Awesome to hear you're happy with it. Any idea what kind of boost you're pushing?
6.3 peak. I have a fuel pressure and boost pressure sensor already installed by Shad for my gauge set up. I wanted the a pillar mount for visual astetics but it looks dog shit cheap. So back to the sos shopping cart for a ash tray gauge mount.

Update:
The ctsc kit is still running extremely strong and my idle is now way smoother then ever before. For people who have interest in this kit, BUY IT! It does not disappoint. Only numbers on paper disappoint. I'd never go back to NA now. It's a joy to drive. I took my buddy for a ride the other day who has been in a couple gtrs, a twin turbo g35, and a few late model m3's. To be short, he stepped out of my car with the shakes and said it was the badest, most fun car he had ridden in. Of course I was giving that lil vtec from the 90,s all it could take. The nsx will never be the fastest. However this kit really raises the fun factor and the car feels just as it did before the 100 +|- horsepower. Tons of fun! I also highly recommend having Shad install it if you are in California. He does a superb job and fixes anything and everything that would cause the kit issues down the road rather than just slap it in and say good luck.
Lastly, it appears from my new boost gauge that if I floor it in 3rd gear or higher the boost peaks at 7 psi and not 6 psi like it was dyno'd in 2nd gear. Maybe that 1 more psi gives it a bit more. I dunno. The sound is other worldly too. Not like a whistling/ sneezing turbo. More like a fire breathing V8 muscle car. The kit is perfect for the street. Not too much and not too little. Easy to slam the pedal to the floor and not loose control. Pins you in your seat the whole entire time. :cool:

nice...i think eventually i may go down this route. Although the power is appealing with a turbo, the supercharger is probably a more perfect match for me and wont scare off potential buyers in the future.

I have turbo and sc cars. The whine from my older-style CTSC (coupled with the high reving engine) right behind my head is intoxicating!
The horsepower to weight ratio of this combination is more than satisfactory to me for this car and its agility/capabilities.

Last edited:
I have yet ride in a turbo nsx I am sure they do not disappoint either. If only they had a street legal greddy type kit for the nsx. But even still, you do not require oil lines or drainange with the ctsc and it keeps that Oem feel.

6.3 peak. I have a fuel pressure and boost pressure sensor already installed by Shad for my gauge set up. I wanted the a pillar mount for visual astetics but it looks dog shit cheap. So back to the sos shopping cart for a ash tray gauge mount.

Well, nice to read that you are a happy owner now :)
Reminds me of how I felt when I got my car back with the CTSC.

Do you happen to know what your AFR's look like at high RPM?

Back