Brake bleeding on 2nd gen NSX

It's always hard to search for things relating to my 2nd gen (2020) NSX and not stuff on the original car. I can't find a prior post on this:

I am looking at a track day coming up and want to bleed the brakes. I have a motive bleeder kit and the adapter for this. Does anyone have the torque values on the bleeder valves? Im paranoid about overtightening these things and cant wait to deal with trying to keep brake fluid off of the painted calipers. Any other helpful words of wisdom are welcome. Its the original brake fluid, so I'll probably have to completely flush it out with a few bottles. Thanks in advance!

Was straightforward, went fine, used motive kit also. Just like any other car, dont be an idiot using gorilla strength on your bleeders, use a hose into a bottle to keep mess down, have a rag and maybe some sort of spray cleaner on hand for what does get on the calipers. They have clear coat, they wont instantly etch.

Was straightforward, went fine, used motive kit also. Just like any other car, dont be an idiot using gorilla strength on your bleeders, use a hose into a bottle to keep mess down, have a rag and maybe some sort of spray cleaner on hand for what does get on the calipers. They have clear coat, they wont instantly etch.
No idea on torque though? My GT350 goes about 10-12 ft lbs or so but seem to seep a little if I dont get them down to that. Those calipers arent painted though.

I bet if you look up bleeder torque on all the various Brembo performance car calipers that are very similar in design and construction, including this one you will find the wheel wasn’t reinvented each time and there probably is a similar range on every single application. Torque specs of a specific bolt diameter and thread pitch into the same material shouldn’t have a wide variation between applications of the same purpose.

I’ve always just used a short wrench on bleeders And have been careful not to overdo it

This is a fun car to take to the track. It got a ton of attention... no one had seen one at the track. For my 2020, a master tech told me that it has to be bled from driver front, passenger front, passenger rear, driver rear. I torqued the bleeders to 10 ft lbs and got some leakage over the calipers after a hard run. It dried up and came off with brake cleaner after cooling down a little... paint seems ok. I tightened the bleeders down a little more with the wheels still on, so this probably needs to be about 12 ft lbs is my guess. I hope the inside bleeders arent too much of a mess. Car did great though. I had one 4 wheel slide on turn #1 (mid ohio) and the car didnt need counter steer or anything. Its like driving with a cheat code on. Very easy to move the car in the middle of a turn compared to my GT350; probably from the active awd and mid engine configuration. You can hammer the gas quickly as you come out of a turn. The torque on this is nuts and it took a little bit of adjustment for me coming from the mustang. However, even in track mode, this is a very stable and safe car that manages it well, and I would encourage anyone to do the same as long as your sensible and push yourself slowly.

Glad you had fun at the track! I loved the half day I got to spend abusing an NC1 on the track as part of my NSX Insider Experience. "Like driving with a cheat code on" is a perfect way to describe it--the car just does whatever you want it to, so intuitively.

Back