Boy I make a commotion here

title says it all.. just want to apologize to everyone if i offended anyone...
No i do not own a Esprit nor do i own a NSX but I have driven a NSX before.

satan_srv said:
there's no commotion...nor do we really care. Who are you again?

At least he didn't ask us our opinion on rebuilding a salvaged NSX. Now that would be a commotion all over again.

maybe you could respond to the original threads instead of starting a new one to explain a situation nobody knows about unless they followed your troll..uh um I mean trail. :D

Let me recap for some of you. Mr. Lotus_Esprit came to these forums to ask comparo questions. Imediately everyone took offense :confused: and before I could submit a reasonable reply an adult would issue, the thread was locked. Since then, we have been doing the comparo via PMs.

Some of you gentlemen do a terrible job representing the rest of us here on Prime. I see that our cars age better than some of our mentalities.

Juice said:
Let me recap for some of you. Mr. Lotus_Esprit came to these forums to ask comparo questions. Imediately everyone took offense :confused: and before I could submit a reasonable reply an adult would issue, the thread was locked. Since then, we have been doing the comparo via PMs.

Some of you gentlemen do a terrible job representing the rest of us here on Prime. I see that our cars age better than some of our mentalities.
Juice,
That's not quite accurate. Lotus_Esprit made a statement that the Esprit is better than an NSX, but then camouflaged it as a question. Please refer to http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40484 for the exact statement.

If going onto a car enthusiast site, and making a statement that another car is better, isn't trolling, I don't know what is.

nkb said:
If going onto a car enthusiast site, and making a statement that another car is better, isn't trolling, I don't know what is.

I totally agree. He could have handled his first post in a MUCH better fashion and also not calling himself Lotus Esprit might have helped. Maybe if he actually owned one that would be OK. We are talking about a guy in college who probably has never driven either and has NO track experience.

True, true. I just find it more apropriate to lay out the facts than to resort to name calling. Besides, my "goal for trolls" is to make them see the truth of things and perhaps sway their judgement. A waiste of time? Likely. But that is all I do on these forums anyhow. ;)

And I must admit that in my town the term Troll has a more negative conotation than you're probably familiar with.

Now I believe we have wasted the apropriate amount of time necessary on a thread that truly has no purpose! :eek:

no troll

IMHO, I don't think he's a troll; he just asked a very stupid question. You don't jump on a car forum and ask if another car is better. Even posting a thread if the ENZO is better than an NSX will get the same results - the NSX is better. :D
Such threads birth flame wars. But in this case, i dont see that Lotus_Esprit trolled back repeated to fan a heated debate.

So let's all be nice & cut him some slack. I'm sure he won't do that again. :)

Now let's finish this thread off with some humour...
just stare at this pretty light for a second... :D

Attachments

• MIB Forget this thread every happened.gif
    MIB Forget this thread every happened.gif
    88.7 KB · Views: 258
Hi

It takes a lot more than Neo's light to make me forget my DIY I just did on my NSX. :(

But I did manage to forget about ..uh what? :)

Regards

"snippity snip from a previous post"

Quote:
"Doesn't Lotus stand for:

L ots
O f
T rouble
U sually
S erious"

:p

I found this http://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_21112.html
while looking up info on the Lotus Esprit, it seems to be written by a former owner of an Esprit:eek: He seems to be glad to be rid of it.
Happy reading.

1992 Lotus Esprit Turbo SE from UK and Ireland

Lotus - lots of trouble, usually serious!

What things have gone wrong with the car?

Anti lock braking system failed.

Engine cooling pump failed.

Clutch master cylinder failed twice.

Gear train failed.

Clutch was destroyed by the above fault as the car struggled to the Lotus garage.

Fuel tank leaked into the cabin.

Turbo charge cooler broke.

Front spoiler always catching on ramps etc.

Steering rack failed.

Gear train failed (again).

Electric windows failed.

Air conditioning failed.

Electric antenna failed.

Exhaust failed and caught fire.

General Comments

The Lotus Esprit is a staggering car in two ways. Firstly its performance is absolutely devastating; with 280bhp this model will reach 60mph in well under five seconds and attain a top speed of around 165mph. The car handles very well, able to corner positively and remaining stable even at exceptionally high speeds.

However, even more staggering are the running costs and the rate at which things go wrong with this most unreliable super-car. I used to joke with my friends that the Esprit would beat every car on the road... and then break down. This joke wore very thin as a succession of faults sent me to the main dealer time and time again.

Despite a full Lotus service history and my careful adherence to the maintenance schedule, things went wrong very regularly. And not just little things.

The car interior is very comfortable and roomy for a 2 seater; a pleasure to drive on a long haul trip lasting many hours. Despite its mechanical shortcomings, actually driving the Esprit was always a great pleasure, and the only thing lacking in the cabin was a decent sound system (the standard one is very poor indeed).

Owning the Esprit was a real love/hate relationship! I am hoping my next performance car, a new 996, will be more reliable, if a bit slower!

You came here not with questions between NSX and Esprit, but to simply state your opinion on which one you think is better. If you had ask for a comparison between 2 cars (without insulting NSX), I believe someone would be more than happy to point you the direction toward your question.

I wouldn’t call you a troll, because I have no evidence of that. To me, it just seems like wrong question, wrong place and wrong name.

Nevertheless, hopefully Esprit would work out for you in the near future.

Re: no troll

NeoNSX said:
IMHO, I don't think he's a troll; he just asked a very stupid question. You don't jump on a car forum and ask if another car is better. Even posting a thread if the ENZO is better than an NSX will get the same results - the NSX is better. :D
Such threads birth flame wars. But in this case, i dont see that Lotus_Esprit trolled back repeated to fan a heated debate.

So let's all be nice & cut him some slack. I'm sure he won't do that again. :)

Now let's finish this thread off with some humour...
just stare at this pretty light for a second... :D

Very creative Neo. I LMAO!

Back