Bouncing shakeing headlight?

My driver side headlight shakes when driving over rough roads and expansion joints. I've searched and found links to what the problem is but havent found any detailed pictures and location of the adjustment stopper everyone was talking about?

I beleive these are at the back of the assembly. You will see them with the hood open and h/lights in raised position. Small philips screwdriver or 6mm spanner to adjust

HTH

Here is a pdf of the page in the manual that describes the adjustment procedure and location of the adjusters.

I take a toothpick and marked off a line 13mm from an end, and use that as a tool to measure the height of the adjustment bolt as it is dffiecult to get much else in there to measure the verticle height of the bolt.

Remove the rubber tip on the adjuster and stand the graduated toothpick next to the adjuster so that you can see the height you need to adjust to. Loosen the lower locknut and raise/lower the threaded bolt accordingly to line up with the mark on the toothpick, tighten the lower locknut, verify the height, put back on the rubber tip and you're done.

The rubber stopper covers must be in place and if they are missing you will need to order new ones.

By the way, you want to first make sure the headlamp retractor is tightly secured to the fender apron and that the plastic "joint" shown on the left part of the page is not cracked, worn or loose. That can cause the headlamp to shake as well.

Last edited:
Thanks,

I'll try the first section first adjusting bolt a and b. If not i'll have to remove the HID ballast i just installed to get to the joint if problems still presist.

Finally got around to is since i installed my second HID Kit. You don't have to take out the actually headlight like the pdf that was included above said. just the plastice cover. make sure you loosen the 10mm locking nut first with a combonation wrench then just use a 7mm or cresent wrench to turn the adjustment screw out counter clockwise.

You don't have to take out the actually headlight like the pdf that was included above said. .

Sorry I wasn't clear. The information in the .pdf that started under the heading "ADJUSTMENT" was the section I was trying to direct you to. You right. You don't want to take the lamp out for that.

As I posted previously, I have seen lamps shake because the bottom bolt to the retractor was loose or missing.

I bet it feels good to get it fixed.:smile:

Does anyone have the part no. of the rubber parts? Mine are shaking because these are torn.

Does anyone have the part no. of the rubber parts? Mine are shaking because these are torn.

If you mean part #20 in this picture, the part# is: 90500-SB0-000

13sl00_b0805.gif

a little off topic but similar :)

I might be having my headlight lids repainted which means the body shop will have to take them off I belive?

I currently have HID's on the car right now. Will the headlights need to be adjusted after the headlight assembly is put back in?

a little off topic but similar :)

I might be having my headlight lids repainted which means the body shop will have to take them off I belive?

I currently have HID's on the car right now. Will the headlights need to be adjusted after the headlight assembly is put back in?

You can take off the headlight lids without removing the headlights, so you shouldn't need any adjustment.

Back