Bought a 98 NSX in Houston, inspection needed

Just won this car from eBay and need someone local to inspect the car. I will provide full address when I have it from the seller. The area code is 318-572-xxxx so maybe this will help determining the location better. The seller is busy for this long weekend but next week he's free. It will really be great if someone can lend a helping hand and inspect the car for me before I fly there from CA to closed the deal.

Regards,
Sancho

Wrong City

318 is not an area code in or around Houston.....ours are 713, 281, 979, 832 and 409.

Without looking it up, I seem to recall that 318 is in Louisiana.

Re: Wrong City

The car is indeed in Houston so I think it's the seller's cellphone number. I will get updated info once the holidays are over for an inspection. Cheers, :)

AndyVecsey said:
318 is not an area code in or around Houston.....ours are 713, 281, 979, 832 and 409.

Without looking it up, I seem to recall that 318 is in Louisiana.

Right City

The car is indeed in Houston so I think it's the seller's cellphone number.

Ahh, makes sense now.

Do you know if the car happens to be at (a) private house (b) auto consignment shop (c) dealership (d) storage?

If it's the same NSX mentioned here, I think several Houston guys are familiar with the car and can give background information, in addition to an inspection.

Assuming everything checks-out, it looks like you got a good deal.

URGENT !!!

Sancho - if it is the car that I am thinking about, I know it very well. John Eagle Acura is half-way between my work and my house, and when they were building it, I'd stop by quite frequently and watch them do the mechanical modifications.

Then it was "shipped off somewhere secret" for the widebody installation. At that point, I lost track of the car, thinking that I'll get to see the final package back at the showroom floor one day.

In October 1998 I purchased my current NSX. The previous owner drove the car with the factory front license plate bracket. I took it off; however, the bracket wore through the red paint down to the black bumper. I took the car to John Eagle Collision Center (at the time, not on the same premises as John Eagle Acura) for some airbrush touchup. Guess what was there?!?!? The silver widebody. I thought to myself, wow, why is it taking so long for the collision center to install / paint the widebody kit?

Sancho - you must call me about this car. There is nothing wrong with it, but you need to understand the history of the widebody installation on that car.

Work 713-215-8016 (which is where I am for only a few more minutes), Home 281-296-1647, Cell 281-224-3383 (which I don't always have with me).

Re: URGENT !!!

It is the same car I'm quite sure now. How many widebody silver are there in Houston anyways right? I will call you sir.

Sancho

AndyVecsey said:
Sancho - if it is the car that I am thinking about, I know it very well. John Eagle Acura is half-way between my work and my house, and when they were building it, I'd stop by quite frequently and watch them do the mechanical modifications.

Then it was "shipped off somewhere secret" for the widebody installation. At that point, I lost track of the car, thinking that I'll get to see the final package back at the showroom floor one day.

In October 1998 I purchased my current NSX. The previous owner drove the car with the factory front license plate bracket. I took it off; however, the bracket wore through the red paint down to the black bumper. I took the car to John Eagle Collision Center (at the time, not on the same premises as John Eagle Acura) for some airbrush touchup. Guess what was there?!?!? The silver widebody. I thought to myself, wow, why is it taking so long for the collision center to install / paint the widebody kit?

Sancho - you must call me about this car. There is nothing wrong with it, but you need to understand the history of the widebody installation on that car.

Work 713-215-8016 (which is where I am for only a few more minutes), Home 281-296-1647, Cell 281-224-3383 (which I don't always have with me).

Spoke to someone tonight who has actually seen this car. The information I got was the car runs and handles great. Driver seat bolster should be in better condition consider the current mileage. The biggest disappointment for this informer is the paint and fitting of the body panels and the widebody.

Andy, I will call you tomorrow.

Regards,
Sancho

Last edited:
Back