• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bose Door speaker....

Had a loud popping coming from my passenger side speaker module, sent the amplifier module to Bose who promptly sent me a brand new replacement.....

Instaled it yesterday but although the popping has vanished, the volume from that speaker is a lot lower than the other side and has definate low crackle. Tried another speaker on the amp with the same result.

I have re-read the FAQ and this seems to point back to the amp being NFG? I'd like to think that Bose didn't send me a faulty replacement all the way from Germany, so could there be another problem....like the head unit maybe?

Anyone had similar probs?
Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon.

It's kind of a pain to have take both door panels off but if you swap the two speaker assemblies (just plug them in - obviously they won't "mount" on the wrong side) you will be able to tell tell where the problem is - if it follows the speaker, then that is the problem - if it stays on the same passenger side, then it would be in the head or the wiring.
I must say I've never seen a problem reported with the head unit.
Quick question - did you just send the amplifier board, or complete speaker? If just the amp did you get the same type/model number back? Check the label between the amps on both sides - since a variant of this amp is used in multiple car applications you may have received a slightly different model in exchange.

Thanks for the reply,

I will swap the two sides as suggested....good call.
No bother taking the doors apart, only takes a couple of mins now!

The old part had the following written on it:

KAPPA SU FRONT
137637-2205

The new one has:

KAPPA SF FRONT
176265-24

????????

Is this just an updated part number or have they sent me the wrong one?

....got a reply back from Bose, they are going to send me another unit to try.

The different part number is apparently the replacement Bose reference number for 137637-2205 and is allegedly 100% compatable.

Hope the next one is ok!

Simon.

I'd like to know more before just adding to the FAQ - why did the part # change?
What's different about the new amp that gives it a diffferent part #?
I'd be curious to see what the part # is on a late-model (02/03) NSX - anyone removed theirs for an aftermarket set-up?

ooops, might have made a bit of a faux pas on the speaker problem...just tried switching to the radio from the CD player & the sound is perfect....I think I have a loose CD audio lead! I'll be keeping the replacement amp from Bose as a spare then! :rolleyes:

Hatte ein lautes Knacken von meinem Lautsprechermodul auf der Beifahrerseite, schickte das Verstärkermodul an Bose, die mir prompt einen brandneuen Ersatz schickten.....

Ich habe es gestern installiert, aber obwohl das Knacken verschwunden ist, ist die Lautstärke dieses Lautsprechers viel niedriger als auf der anderen Seite und hat definitiv ein leises Knistern. Habe einen anderen Lautsprecher am Verstärker mit dem gleichen Ergebnis ausprobiert.

Ich habe die FAQ noch einmal gelesen und das scheint darauf hinzudeuten, dass der Verstärker NFG ist? Ich würde gerne glauben, dass Bose mir keinen fehlerhaften Ersatz aus Deutschland geschickt hat, also könnte es ein anderes Problem geben... Mögen Sie vielleicht die Head-Unit?

Hatte jemand ähnliche Probleme?
Jede Hilfe dankbar geschätzt.

Danke

Simon.Hütte
Danke für die Antwort,

Ich werde die beiden Seiten wie vorgeschlagen tauschen.... Gute Entscheidung.
Machen Sie sich nicht die Mühe, die Türen auseinander zu nehmen, dauert jetzt nur ein paar Minuten!

Auf dem alten Teil stand folgendes geschrieben:

KAPPA SU VORDERSEITE
137637-2205

Der neue hat:

KAPPA SF VORNE
176265-24

????????

Ist das nur eine aktualisierte Teilenummer oder haben sie mir die falsche geschickt? TagDarm

Ich meinte, die Nr. 137637-2206 ist der Verstärker vom Basslautsprecher in die Nr. 137537-2205 sind die Nr. der Türverstärker. Habe mit meiner Anlage im NSX auch ein Problem. Darum habe ich alles demontiert. der Verstärker vom Bass (137637-2206) ist definitiv verbrannt. Bei den Verstärker der Türen sieht man jedoch keine Brandspuren und doch ist bei die nur ein leiser Ton hörbar. Möchte gerne die Adresse von Bose haben, wo diese Verstärker erhältlich sind und und mit welchen Kosten ich rechnen muss.
Kann mir jemand helfen? Bestes besten Dank

Bose Customer Support in North America is
Since the original thread is dated 2003 I expect that the Bose support for this product which is now a 40+ year old design will have disappeared.

You might have better luck contacting NSX Prime member @Heineken. He is located in Germany and does repair work on the NSX head unit and Bose amplifiers.

Most broken amplifiers can be repaired but it depends on the level of damage, of course.

Die meisten Verstärker können repariert werden, auch wenn Brandspuren vorhanden sind (abhängig davon wieviel verbrannt ist - meist rauchen die CMOS-Transitoren ab, dafür gibt es Ersatz).

Back