Boost in Comptech superchargers

Would someone care to explain to me, or point me in the proper direction, the difference in boost levels offered by Comptech.
Are all boost levels considered streetable ie. daily driveable?? Or is the high boost level extreme, to the point that it would not be wise to have on a daily driver.
I ask as I have come across cars with these variables, and I want to be confident about the choice that I make when it comes time to buy.
Thanks in advance.

Where is Cozmo? There are several with SCs on prime - it would be nice if they would respond to this. Where are you guys?

Thanks Tim and Batman. That's what I'd like to hear.
I have read the s/c vs. turbo in the other section. More than once.
Page 4 is fabulous.
This thread, I hope, will help resolve any issues I have, If I hear from owner/ operators, who are daily or frequent drivers with comptech s/c's installed on their cars.
Thanks again...

got the CTSC (first version) on my '01, with the suggested boost and setup... i do try to drive it daily, drives like any other 350 whp car out there on the streets, just make sure to have good rear tires!

I bought my CTSC (Autorotor) in 2005. I have a 3.0L and was putting down 350 rwhp with the standard boost set-up (~7 psi). I put 30K miles on the standard kit with the standard Comptech piggyback system with no issues. I recently went with the high-boost set-up (AEM FIC and 550cc injectors) which now boosts ~9psi and I am putting down 385-390 rwhp. I don't notice any difference with everyday "normal" driving with the high-boost set-up vs. the standard boost set-up. However, under boost there is a very noticeable difference....in a good way of course! My main reason for opting for the CTSC was primarily due to it being CARB compliant.

I belive Cozmo's car has turbo, not SC.

Yeah I think you're looking for Coz perhaps. :wink:

When I was playing with my boost controller the other day I did notice that 5psi was pretty boring on my turbo compared to the 9 I had it set to before. I have it at 7psi right now and that is pretty good. I'm not sure what the power difference between those setting is but it was 411hp @ 9psi.

I think any of the FI options are probably "crazy" if you drive them that way on the streets (WOT), but perfectly tame if you don't have your foot in it all the time. One big variable of how well you'll be able to handle driving it all the time with a certain amount of power is what clutch you have.

Back