Bogus Carfax JH4NA1158MT002875

Thanks to Prime's alert on a free Carfax I thought it would be interesting to run my 91 NSX which was totalled in 1999 in Texas. (Reported on Prime's "Total loss vin number list")

To my surprise the report shows the car has a "clean" title and is currently owned by someone in Southern California. Somehow Carfax missed the police report on the accident and the insurance company salvage sale. It did pick up the title change when I moved to Oklahoma.

I was the second owner and I noticed that it has now had 4 owners.

If someone in California has a Red / Black 91 Vin # JH4NA1158MT002875 please PM me and I will give you a history of your car that you may not be aware of.

As for Carfax...... Lesson learned!!!

Attachments

• 3738BitterTears-thumb.jpg
    3738BitterTears-thumb.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 365
Re: Bogus Carfax

CARFAX really shows very limited information of the cars history.

When I worked in insurance we used a company called CCC Valuescope instead of CARFAX, and they will tell you (almost) EVERYTHING about a vehicle. Too bad the general public has no access to this service.

Whenever the VIN of X vehicle was involved in an accident, or even a minor fender bender, that went through insurance, this was noted. You were able to see every claim that was ever made on the car, the damage, and the cost of the repair. Very useful tool in the insurance industry when dealing with total loss vehicles.

Back