Bodywork on an NSX

Someone mentioned over at corvetteforum.com that body work on an NSX is very tough and that they ding easily. Given that I would probably drive the car alot, is it really that tough to repair them correctly?

robl45 said:
Someone mentioned over at corvetteforum.com that body work on an NSX is very tough and that they ding easily. Given that I would probably drive the car alot, is it really that tough to repair them correctly?
It probably does dent more easily than a corvette since they were either made from heavy steel like most old cars or fiberglass on the later models. But i don't suppect that nsx panels crack like on the vette. What are you doing on that site with those guys anyways?
nono.gif

Thats right mike , you tell him! j/k :tongue: :biggrin:

All Vette are glass.
From the blue flame six, to the ZO6............
Reason was due to the shape, at the time it was tough to build the shape
from steel. Vette's would have been lighter if they were steel over glass.
Little known fact...........
You can drive an older Vette around without a body..................

I used to be 396RAT......

http://www.corvetteforum.net/classics/396_rat/

but is it very difficult to repair and how easily do they really ding? I don't want it bonded up, I'd like it done right.

Don't know about the dings? Don't have any. :biggrin:

I was told that the NSX aluminum body is no more difficult to work on than steel bodies.

My Nsx had a fair bit of Hail damage when I bought it. I had a paintless dent repair guy remove every ding. You can't even tell now.

He said it was a little harder to repair than steel but not that bad.

Back