Bob, Any Pics from the WGI???

We are all waiting here!!!

:D

I was the track photographer last Monday and Tuesday and shot the novices and intermediate groups when I was not on the track. Here is that link: http://photography.robertondrovic.com/gallery/111151

DISCLAIMER: No photos of NSXs

This past weekend I didn't get a chance to shoot anyone as a result of a tight schedule where I was either on the track or in the classroom. I will try to upload a video a little later showing how easy it was to pass the Corvettes that some unnamed persons had been bragging about in a different thread a while back.
128.gif

I don't know about the pics but our region was well represented at the trackmasters event.The weather was typical; wacky cold on Fri and Sat.I departed After Sat event So I trust Sundays weather was warmer.afaik everyone stayed on the track;) It was great to share the experience with friends.Of course Larry B was spending too much time under his instructers' 355 challenge!Pete was an instructing machine.Dave,RSO,and Larry had a good school.We even got to have an xpo meeting!I hope to hear how Sun went and see some of Bob's shots.

Absolutely stunnnnnnnnning pictures!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Ouch!!!

RSO 34 said:
I was the track photographer last Monday and Tuesday and shot the novices and intermediate groups when I was not on the track. Here is that link: http://photography.robertondrovic.com/gallery/111151

DISCLAIMER: No photos of NSXs

This past weekend I didn't get a chance to shoot anyone as a result of a tight schedule where I was either on the track or in the classroom. I will try to upload a video a little later showing how easy it was to pass the Corvettes that some unnamed persons had been bragging about in a different thread a while back.
128.gif

There's a car in the pictures that looks like it could be the illegitimate offspring of Doc John's "Bee", ouch, let's hope not!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WoW... Excellent(you were passing so many vettes:eek:)!!!

Bob,

I remember that your car was pretty much stock last year (other than the harness kit). Did you change anything this year (just out of curiousity)??

Last edited:
The suspension was changed before this season. It now has the non-compliant rear beam and toe links, Koni yellow shocks, Comptech sway bars, Zanardi springs, SOS stainless brake lines and Axis/Cobalt brake pads.

If I may borrow a line , "You go girl":p

Hi Bob-

Pretty impressive stuff! I can't wait to see all of you track guys at strut the stuff at the EXPO this year!

Cheers-

NevSX

Nice Lap Bob! Folks should bookmark that as a mental rehersal for xpo this year!

That was a sweet video!!
Thanks for sharing!

Folks should bookmark that as a mental rehersal for xpo this year!

I absolutely agree. I can now study the perfect line.

I can't wait to get out there and learn :):)

From an observation, are those cones on the corners marking entry, apexes and exit points of the turns. It looks as though they would mark the perfect spots to drive your car to, almost like connecting the dots. I would think it would be best to get the car as close to them as possible (while passing them, obviously not drive "into" them) Am I correct??

Those cones were placed for the benefit of the students in the school,and do mark suggested turn in /apex/ track out.Some turns though are pinpoint apex while others have a more generous or varied apex,you'll see for yourself soon enough.The problem with learning a new track with cones is that you never really learn the track,but get hypnotized into "connecting the dots" which does a diservice.So as you orient yourself to the line look for marks on the pavement ect to help with line.Cones won't always be there.

Also, don't rely upon any "landmark" that is "movable". Someone may knock down a cone or it may be re-set too early/too late if someone hits it.

The same goes for possum/ground hogs/or any other wildlife off the track. Chances are they won't be in the same spot the next lap. Look for concrete patches, surface discoloration, fixed markers (such as braking zones, fences, armco etc.) or anything else that is guaranteed to be in the same spot each and every lap.

Track

I have switched from an E46 m3 (daily driver) to my 92 nsx as a track car at BMW events. Still somewhat new to D/E events (12 track days), I love to study video's to see proper lines, brake points ect.

That is some good stuff.....esp. the amount of speed that you 2 can carry through those turn's.

Cheers,
John B

Now that you had the chance to study the vid, I hope you will put it to practical use by attending NSXPO this year at the Glen.

Back