BMW X5

Does anyone on this board have experience with the X5?
My friend wants to get one and I thought I'd post here first. Thanks.

I was seriously looking at them, but found them to be way too small.

If you are thinking of buying a 5 series sedan, but would prefer it to look like an SUV, it might be an option.

If you are really looking for a luxury SUV, look elsewhere IMO.

FWIW, I got a Land Cruiser and have been happy with it.

Had an 01 3.0 and later an 02 3.0. They are GREAT. They handle as well as any BMW sedan. Other than sitting a little higher, it feels like you're driving a 530. Huge difference b/t the X5 and any other SUV in terms of road handling. The DSC is great in the snow.

But...storage sucks. You can't fit much in the back. I got rid of the X5 and and got an E wagon only b/c it could hold a lot more. (had a few MLs and wasn't too happy with quality and styling)

If your friend doesn't need significant storage, I would highly highly recommend the X5. If they do, or if road handling isn't that big of a deal, then maybe the MDX?

2 cents.

I test drove a 4.4 V8 version and that thing felt GOOOOD!!!

As previously mentioned, these machines drive like high-performance sedans as opposed to trucks/SUVs. The 4.4 version will easily out-accelerate and out-handle 90% of cars in the streets today.

It is THAT good.

There is also a quasi-M version of the X5 that has even better handling and packs over 340hp...

I don't own one, but my coworker recently bought a 4.4i X5 and absolutely loves it.

justinx5-frontquarter.jpg

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Back