BMW M5 vs NSX...

The current M5 generally tests at around 4.9 0-60 and around 13.4 in the 1/4 mile, as it did in May's issue of Car and Driver. This places it significantly faster than a '91-94 NSX Coupe, and slightly slower than a '97-03 NSX-T.

Hey

I think that you are comparing 2 cars that are so different, it is impossible to choose between them if you use the same criteria for both.

The hard-top NSX's are a lil slower and the NSX-T's are a little faster according to NSXTASY, so unless you are racing the car, I doubt the speed differences (IMHO) would be the core reason for deciding over one or the other.

The M5 is the Ultimate 4-Door sports car, and the NSX is the ultimate 2-door sports car. Do you need a trunk? Do you need to haul groceries or children? Are ou gonna ust the car to commute?

I may be wrong(I'm sure you guys will let me know! :cool: ) but this is an apples to oranges comparison with very few equivalent criteria, other than performance, upon which to make a final decision.

Jay

PS What a wonderful quandry you are in, huh!! :D :D :D

I don't think Brian is trying to decide between the two cars; he was just asking about straight-line test numbers.

Of course, these two cars could not be more different, despite the similar acceleration numbers. One is a nimble, high-performance two-seat sports car, ideal for the racetrack or carving mountain roads. The other is a heavy, high-performance luxury sedan, ideal for taking your family cross-country or for commuting to work in style. That doesn't mean one car can't do the other's job too, but just not as well.

I doubt that anyone who really wants one of these cars would be content with the other one instead.

Yeah NSXTASY, U R right it doesn't seem that he was trying to decide between the 2 cars. Guess I just got a little excited!!

:cool:

Brian2by2 said:
which car is faster? Im not sure about 1/4 mile times...obviously on a track i think the X is faster....but which is faster in the 1/4?

By the way, I've beaten new M3's in the 1/4. Not sure if they're faster than M5s or not...

I personnaly think it might be twice as hard to blow an M5's doors than an M3. :D

I personally have seen M3 killed M5, when the M5 driver claimed that he can beat the M3. Might have been the driver though.

Was this a track race or a couple of highway bandits?

In the end, it is the heart and skill of the of the driver that will win the race!

:D

It is a friendly get together between two guys in the BMW club.

Back