BMW M4 - Bangle finally got one right!

MJK

Legendary Member
Stolen from s2ki, I think it looks good!

Attachments

• autobild3.jpg
    autobild3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 513
Mod please move to Off topic!

Oh crap, wrong forum. Sorry!

Uh, still doesn't look as good as an NSX?
:confused: ;)

From my point of view, I wouldn't go as far as saying he got it right, but rather this is one he didn't screw up:D Not bad over all but i need to see it in person.

Something doesn't look right with the car - reminds me a bit of the newer Chrysler vehicles. Maybe it'll look better in person.

CokerRat said:
Better then the 5-series IMO. I still like the E46 look best.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to agree with you that the E46 is the last of the good looking BMW! Firend of mine has the E46 M3 very nice.

Zuerst said:
I think the pictures look good... or did my standard just dropped after the they revealed the 5/6/7 series...?

I agree, BMW (Bangle) has lowered our standard of what to expect from them so much, that anything new can only be an improvement. It amazes me that one guy can screw up a company as large as BMW. I think if they don't get rid of him soon they might find themselves as a company in Chapter 11.

I think the standards are dropping.

Its sad when you are excited that the replacement version looks as good as the pre-Bungle'd model since improvement is supposed to be the name of the game here. With those looks, it might turn out ok if they skip the i-drive and lose some weight (a la the 5 series).

At this point, I'd still take an E46 M3 CSL over any of them - if we could get it.

nzo-who said:
If BMW want to stay in busniess, they NEED to fire Bangle!

You know, for the longest time I was pissed at Bangle. But when I thought about it, Bangle is just another artist with his own vision. You can't really fault a man for that.

The blame should go to the man who decided that his vision had merit and went ahead and hired him.

T Bell said:
I personally like all of Chris's new designs. And others must as well, cause they are selling well. I think they all look more modern, and still bad-ass.

You are the first person I have heard that likes the new designs. Every article and post that I have read dislikes the exterior design. I have also read about people who don't like the new Idrive system also. I have read very favorable things mentioned about the interior, drivetrain and suspenstions though. I believe this is one reason that their sales have been ok. I have a friend that owns one of the largest BMW dealerships in the country and the sales for a new model have been much worse than previous new releases.

So since they improved every other aspect of the cars and their sales have decreased, I would gather that his designs are causing the lackluster sales. I also believe that you will seem BMW make changes to the design in the next few years of the various cars to help improve the look.

I don't think your reason for sales figures are totally correct. The market is flooded right now with awesome cars by many makes. That is why everyone is hurting right now. Not to mention the economy when Bangle's designs emerged. Hell manufacturers were giving away cars with 0% for 60 months, and even Mitsu was letting you drive away with a new car with no money down and no payments for almost 2 years!!!!

It might be interesting to see the results of a poll on how many people like the new designs, how many dislike them, and how many dislike them enough to take their business elsewehere.

T Bell said:
I don't think your reason for sales figures are totally correct. The market is flooded right now with awesome cars by many makes. That is why everyone is hurting right now. Not to mention the economy when Bangle's designs emerged. Hell manufacturers were giving away cars with 0% for 60 months, and even Mitsu was letting you drive away with a new car with no money down and no payments for almost 2 years!!!!

I have owned several BMW's with the last one being a 2000 M5. I am in the market for a new luxury car and if the 7 series wasn't so ugly I would of probably bought one. I was also on a list to purchase the new M5 as it sounds like mechanically it will be awesome, but when I saw the new 5 series I pulled off the list. I know several others who did the same. The philosophy BMW's have as performance luxury cars relates directly to the type of car I like, but with the current designs I wouldn't even consider purchasing one no matter how well it performs.

I am just one case but from reading what others have to say I can see I am not alone. Just read some of the posts from the S2k site and you will see many feel the same way. I for one am glad they are getting rid of Bangle, and I think this generation of their cars are going to go down in history as "mistakes".

Back