bmw m3 convertible

any m3 conv. owners out there? any observations?

ive been looking at a couple, really thinking id like the open air deal for a while.

what is a fair price for a 99 with less than 30k miles?

99'S ARE CHEAP--I HAVE SEEN SOME WITH THE
HARDTOP OPTION -LOW 20'S..PRICE JUMPS WITH THE NEW BODY STYLE.Galves lists the conv at
25,700-39,000 miles-excess deduct 275 per thousand-low mileage add half of 275 per thousand.

i have an older version of bmw.....treated me realllllly well for everyday driving.

DCP00051.JPG

I think they're allright. I had a chance to "play" with one while I was driving my NSX down I-20. kept up pretty well.

I'd like to see where one can obtain a '99 with <30k miles for low-20s. Look at autotrader.com to get a better idea of the market. You've been mislead so far.

I did not say under 30k miles for low 20's.
Saw three within the last three months with
around 50-60k miles-under 25,000.

I know nothing about BMW's but have seen referances to engine failures several times on the S2ki.com forums. Might want to look there or on the M3 forums.

Ok, I have owned 2 E36 M3's in the recent past. Both were hard tops. They are great cars! My cousin on the other hand owned a 1997 M3 convertable and had tons of issues with the top leaking water and getting stuck. It was under warranty, so it was always in and out of the dealership. Finally, the dealership gave up on the car. I can't remember the details, but they just gave up. He finally dumped it at a Honda dealer for a S2k. He loves that car. Also, he got a phone call from the salesman at the Honda dealership asking what they should do because the M3's roof was stuck half opened/closed.
So, my opinion, stay away from the M3 rag tops! But thats just my opinion.
biggrin.gif

Good Luck
Z

just remember to do regualar maintenance and it will treat you well. however, i am a little disapointed with the top. one, the rear window plastic will crack which cost about 250 to replace. second a string to two will snap that will restrict you from taking the top down. other then that, it purrrssss and keeep on purrrrring just like her adopted sister, my red nsx.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by huckster:
thanks, i agree--so far im seeing right at 30k$ for 99 less than 30kmiles.

any problems/issues i should be aware of??

what kind of add is the hardtop option typically?

Back