• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blue light on console

After fours years and 24,000 miles a mysterious blue light has appeared on the console.

Does anyone have know what this is? Have I inadvertantly initiated the self-destruct sequence?

The PO installed an aftermarket alarm system and it may be part of that system.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Matt

Attachments

• IMG-20120727-00074.jpg
    IMG-20120727-00074.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 160
take the console off and trace it. see where it lead u. could be a secret camera capturing every move u make. lol

Yea, probably something to do with the alarm. Seems like a good place to put the light that blinks when the alarm is armed, and that is blue on some of those units.

Still, you would have noticed that though - strange. I vote secret camera.

do you have the aftermarket remote ? looks like an alarm in valet mode.

x2

The alarm is in valet mode, the black plug in the right of the shift pattern is a glass break sensor Mic fyi.

Post a picture of the remote or model number on the back of the remote (if you have one) and i can tell you how to exit valet mode with out having to look for the valet button under the dash.

Yesterday I met with fellow Primer, John, at an S2K meet and he solved the problem in under 10 seconds.

I had pressed the alarm reset buttom under the dash while reaching through the window for the hood release.

Thanks for the helpful responses and to John for the quick fix.

Matt

Back