Blk/Tan 95 or 96 ?'s only

For my reference only. I know not many of this color combo were produced.
1)Whats your mileage
2)Is it still OEM

My reasons, just wondering how many of these are around with low miles and still OEM.
Thanks in advance.

Not exactly sure what you're looking for, but I own a '96 black/tan with 44K miles on it. It is stock except for the swaybars.

------------------
'96 Black/Tan NSX-T : Dali Street/Race SwayBars

I have 46789 miles on the bumblebee and obviously not stock,but it could be.

Originally posted by Soulstice:
Not exactly sure what you're looking for

122 blk/tan Manual T's were sold in the US from 95-98 with 96 sold in 95-96. Not sure how many from 99-01. I personally think its the best color combo and looked for several months before I found mine. I saw only 2 others that had less than 25k in miles, one of which was stolen from Montgomery, ALA in April. I'm kind of a document and record keeping guy and I suspect I will sell this car when and if they make the 2nd Gen NSX. Most likley arn't to many owners of this car that care about this site, but I thought I'd post as a point of reference when and if I sell to mention to a prospective buyer about other cars in the country of this type. i.e. miles & oem. Hope that makes sense.

FYI-mine has 28k on it/bone stock..

maybe we want to start our own black-tan club,well maybe not.I think this color is classic.I got mine from CT. and it was the only black/tan on the east coast in july of 96,or so I was told(or lied to).If you log onto the northeast chapter nsxca we have a list of owners with car color,if you are statisticly inclined.The sample size is small but you'll get the idea.Our combo is rare,but I doubt enough to warrant a premium resale.Has anyone out there changed the interior color to tan from the more common black and how much was that.?I estimate there are ~160-200 black-tan ever made.

Originally posted by docjohn:
I doubt enough to warrant a premium resale.

I don't think it will warrant a premium in the resale also, but it may be worth mention in terms of its appeal or marketability at resale. I'm still learning on the site, but I wish their was sometype of register that was current on specifics like location of cars, miles, mods & current owners. I suspect it could be done, but that would be a handful to get that type of info on this site. Thanks for your help.

maybe we want to start our own black-tan club,well maybe not.I think this color is classic.I got mine from CT. and it was the only black/tan on the east coast in july of 96,or so I was told(or lied to).If you log onto the northeast chapter nsxca we have a list of owners with car color,if you are statisticly inclined.The sample size is small but you'll get the idea.Our combo is rare,but I doubt enough to warrant a premium resale.Has anyone out there changed the interior color to tan from the more common black and how much was that.?I estimate there are ~160-200 black-tan ever made.

I am aware of at least one such conversion from black to tan interior (not black exterior though) on a new NSX before it left the dealer to a very happy customer ....

98-T
Black/Tan 1/5 with customized black/tan floor mats!

Well done Hrant thats the cheapest way to modify ,before it leaves the showroom.Did the dealer give you an estimate of the cost of such a conversion.?

Well done Hrant thats the cheapest way to modify ,before it leaves the showroom.Did the dealer give you an estimate of the cost of such a conversion.?

It was negotiated as part of moving a blue/black off the dealership showroom to a very nice fellow NSXCA member. The packaged price was attractive enough for this to happen and the leather shop already had a track reord with another local NSX customer. The dealer was happy because we refered the potential buyer, the customer was happy because he really wanted a blue/tan and was willing to special order one, and we are peachy happy to have helped out both parties .......... now if we had only negotiated a payback too ..... LOLL

I have a 97-T w/ black/tan! I love this car.
I did put some black mats in, but that was
mostly because I couldn't stand the tan ones
always looking dirty. Now I keep them clean
and nice for "special" occasions... I think the black looks very exotic and classy. It
doesn't have the flash of the brighter colors
(yellow, red, blue) but is still very cool!

It is a PIA to keep looking good though!
I think this must be hardest combo to keep
clean!

-S

It is a PIA to keep looking good though!
I think this must be hardest combo to keep
clean!

-S[/B]

Amen!

I had a black/tan Legend LS and swore never to get another black car ........ but then my 98-T sat in the showroom for some 7 mos, and the deal was too good to ignore ...... I succombed
biggrin.gif

I agree the black/tan has a more subtle distinctive look and will never make it as a flashy combo ........ and that, is a good thing ......
wink.gif

Cheers.

Back