Blk/ivory or blk/blk

Alan M.

Suspended
HELP...: )

Can a guy take a Black/Ivory and convert it into a Black/Black...
if so...has anyone done it, and what is involved?

Thank you !!!

:confused:

I have thought about the same thing. I have a black/ivory, but really like the black/black. At some time, I will change the carpet and recover the seats with the covers at leatherseats.com. I dont think that will involve anything too difficult.

CAN you? Sure, it's just a matter of whether you're willing to pay to replace all the parts needed.

In addition to the seat covers and carpet, other pieces include the molded seat bottoms (that surround the seat controls), the rocker panel covers, and the lower inside door panels. I'm not sure whether the headliner and pillar garnish are the same color or not. You can look up part numbers and prices on the website for Sunnyside Acura parts.

For those considering this on a '94 or later (obviously not ivory, but other colors), it would also include the panel covering the rear of the interior, behind the seats.

Blk/ivory to blk/blk

Check this out guys...this is from Acura...

Thanks for your inquiry for parts for your NSX. Just a preliminary estimate of items needed to change your interior over is around $13,000. That would be for new seat covers, new door linings, new carpet. There will probably be a few other items needed. But this should give you a pretty good idea of what it might cost to change over your NSX interior.

Tom
Buerkle Acura / www.buerkleacura.com
parts direct phone 763-488-1122
parts direct fax 763-488-1156
toll-free 800-717-3109
email [email protected]

nsxtasy said:
The seats are $5K each.

Yikes!

But the Acura guy quoted seat covers, not seats... :confused: Is that price for the covers alone?

Autophile said:
But the Acura guy quoted seat covers, not seats... :confused: Is that price for the covers alone?
As best I can figure out from the Sunnyside Acura parts website (see link above), it appears that the entire seat lists for $4988.48 and the seat covers only lists for $4082.98. Also keep in mind that those are list prices, and you can get discounts. (Sunnyside discounts by 20 percent and there are dealers that do better than that.)

nsxtasy said:
I'm not sure whether the headliner and pillar garnish are the same color or not.

FYI, the pillar garnish is grey in the black interior and ivory in the ivory interior. (I didn't have a factory headliner.)

You can see pictures of the interior of my old (ivory) car here:
http://pws.gamewood.net/~wilsonpm/Auto/NSXInt.htm

Things like the hood latch release and trunk button (in door), the courtesy light surround and speaker grill, edge trim around door opening and the panel on each side of the center console (above the carpet) would also need replacing...

If you really care that much about the interior color, you might be better off just selling your car and buying a similar one with the interior color you want...

The two ivory panels running on the bottom sides of the center console (red pointers) may not be easily swapped since they are part of the dashboard. ICBW.

interior2.jpg

Correct, that is part of the dash! Not worth removing the entire dash IMHO!
- Z

black or ivory

You know what guys...I am sitting on an unmolested bone stock 91 blk/ivory with 10500 miles on it. The bone or ivory is kinda growing on me...thinking I will leave it jst the way it is and be OK with it...it does lighten up the interior a little...: )

c-ya...

Back