Bleeding Clutch

I replaced the clutch master and the clutch slave new hoses on the master and slave. I bench bled the master. Then we pumped a lot to get fluid through the system. Before installing the master I matched adjustment on the rod to the one I took out.

The pedal goes half way down before engaging. All I had was a hose and a bottle. Running the hose from the bleeder to the bottle in fluid. Broke my normal bleeder with the check valve.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Seems like are we are doing now is pumping fluid through. I don't see any bubbles.

I checked to make sure the slave cylinder is seated in the fork. When it engages it is moving the slave.

Assuming the rod adjustment is correct, since you already have the pedal engaging halfway through it’s travel with the bleeder closed the system will self bleed if you keep pumping the pedal and the pedal will eventually engage at the correct point ( which seems high on these cars ). Clutches are different from brakes this way.

I just did this with a Vac-u-Bleed tool (if you have compressed air) or a Myti-Vac (without). I had to pull the fluid thru with pedal up, then work the pedal slowly up and down by hand about six times and then pull again with the pedal up. That worked well, but I realize this doesn't help you for a manual bleed. Put a vac bleeder tool on your christmas list.

Back