Black top on a NSX-T

I was just wondering if anyone has painted their roof black on a targa model? I am considering doing this to red car.(black interior) If anyone has pics of this, or if someone can post something done with photoshop I would be curious to see what it looks like.

Thanks.

Sabregl

good question, Ive never seen it. Might look good but then again, this is coming from someone who painted the roof on his 92 to make it look newer:biggrin:

sabregl said:
I was just wondering if anyone has painted their roof black on a targa model? I am considering doing this to red car.(black interior) If anyone has pics of this, or if someone can post something done with photoshop I would be curious to see what it looks like.

Thanks.

Sabregl

Yes.....RyanITV did it with his '05 NSX-R replica.

What's everyones thoughts on having a black top with the targa removed? I'm guessing it's one of those things that will look either; a) absolutely gorgeous, or b) really fugly!

Can someone photochop a a red targa model for me?

Sabregl

sabregl said:
What's everyones thoughts on having a black top with the targa removed? I'm guessing it's one of those things that will look either; a) absolutely gorgeous, or b) really fugly!

Can someone photochop a a red targa model for me?

Sabregl

That's my only reservation. I do not think it will look right with the top off.

Hopefully someone will post something we can look at. To try and imagine what it would look like is very difficult.

ceeya32 said:
I like the black roof better on a red car!

So do I. I still remember one of the first NSX's I saw on the road was a Formula Red '91-'93 NSX with black top and tinter windows....it looked like a fighter jet going north on the highway. I can still see it in my head. :smile: :cool:

14864hpim0991jpg1ll.jpg

14864hpim0994jpg9mf.jpg

Thanks for the photochop post!!

I will have to give this some very serious thought. I think the black with a nice new shine might really look sharp.

Shumdit said:
This was just asked last week I think. Ryans car and the T that was actually converted to a coupe (NSX-R replica) are 2 examples.

RyanITV is still a T, SerialNSXer's is chop and rebuilt cpe.

I actually like the look of the black top on NSX's. Yes, the beauty of the look is diminshed with the roof panel off but it doesn't look bad... just different.

I say do it!

I thought it would be fugly with the top off, but it actually looks pretty good. I always liked the blacked out canopy look, on Camaros and 1G Eagle Talons (I had a '93 Talon) also.

Before he did that great white NSX-R replica, RyanITV also had a blue NSX with vinyl applied to the roof section to simulate a blue/black combo. Here are a few pics of that car.

oc.jpg

volks-side.jpg

diy-roof.jpg

Here are the two threads that discuss the modification:
  1. Initial idea
  2. After completion
Apparently, the vinyl on the removable roof section had a minor problem:

Sorry it's not red, but I hope that helps you.

-Randy

Back