• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Black/Black-Tan 1991 NSX VIN: JH4NA1152MT002287

**PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ ADDITIONAL COMMENTS AT END OF THIS POST**

Mandatory Information

YEAR & MODEL (NSX or NSX-T): 1991 NSX
FULL VIN #: JH4NA1152MT002287
CURRENT MILEAGE: 115,094
COLOR (EXT/INT): Black/Black-Tan
TRANSMISSION: 5 speed
LOCATION OF VEHICLE (CITY/STATE): Chandler, Arizona
CONTACT VIA: E-mail or phone (see below)
PRICE (MUST STATE A PRICE, IS IT FIRM OR OBO?): $ 29,995 (negotiable)

Additional Information

NUMBER OF OWNERS: 4

CLEAN TITLE? Yes

CLEAN CARFAX? Yes

HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS? (IF YES, DETAILS) None

HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK? (IF YES, DETAILS) None

MAINTENANCE HISTORY & DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION? No

CURRENT CONDITION OF WEARABLES INCL. TIRES, BRAKES, BELTS, HOSES, SUSPENSION COMPONENTS AND FLUIDS
All are in either "new" or "nearly new" condition

MODS if any (Stock parts are not available as part of the sale)
ENGINE
Comptech Stainless Steel Headers
CompTech Exhaust
New RPS 2 Stage Clutch

SUSPENSION
Tien-Flex Coilover Custom Suspension
EDFC Electronic adjustment controller in console 1-16 Stiffness w/3 presets
Professionally Cambered & Lowered

BODY
VDI Vertical “Lamborghini Style” Door Conversion
Shaved fender/quarter panel side lights

TRACTION
FOOSE Chrome Deep Dish “Speedster” 3 pc Wheels
18”x9” Front / 19”x11.5” Rear
Falken 451 Directional Tires 235ZR18 / 295ZR19. (New Jan, ‘07)

INTERIOR
Custom Black n Tan Leather Seats and Door Panels
Photo Radar-Proof Windshield (cannot see in-appears glossy black)
Limo tint visor line

PICS OF EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR (MORE THE BETTER)

Please e-mail me (John) here or call 928-266-2576

**ADDITIONAL COMMENTS**
I posted this car for sale in this forum in August 2009 and was astonished when I did not get even a single inquiry. I think I just discovered why: In December, 2007, NXShaw had a horrible buying experience with the seller of this car and posted his comments about it in the Buyer, Seller & Vendor Experiences forum (read that posting here). I am sure NXShaw was absolutely truthful about his experience with the gentleman who owned the car at that time...AND regarding the car itself. I purchased the car from that seller and have invested $16,000* in righting most of the wrongs described by NXShaw (and XorY72, see below). There were a number of things, as well, that he did not mention, including a punctured fuel tank which has now been replaced.

After purchasing the car, I took it to Jim Cozolinno's ("Coz" on this forum) shop in Tempe, Arizona where Brandon dropped the engine/trans-axle, replaced the fuel tank, completely rebuilt the gearbox, replaced the stock clutch with an RPS 2-stage, installed Comp-Tech headers, and other mechanical work (details avail on request). We also pulled all the rinky-dink wiring (60 lbs worth) out of the car, leaving only the factory wiring, the Tein Suspension wiring, and the speaker wires to the doors.

One of the responses to NXShaw's post was from XorY72 who had seen the car a few months later. XorY72 made a list (not comprehensive) of some of the things he noticed wrong with the car. The comments below are quoted from Xory72's post about this car (click here to see the entire post):

Each item is tagged as to whether it is fixed, partially fixed, or still not fixed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"1.All the glass shockes did not work"
I can only assume he meant the compressed gas lifters for the rear glass. These are working. Maybe not as well as new, but they hold the glass up.

"2. rear deck lid was held up by a pole when opened" (Fixed)
This was necessary because of the weight of electronics that were attached under the deck lid. Those electronics have been removed and the deck lid stays up by itself now.

"3. broken passenger mirror covered with black duct tape" (Fixed)
This mirror assembly has been replaced.

"4. front spoiler beat to hell" (Fixed)
Completely repaired, reinforced, repainted.

"5. weather stripping hanging all over the place and some held by tape" (Partially fixed)
Some fixed some not. It's a work in progress...

"6. driver door vent and window control smashed and unworking" (Fixed)
All replaced and working.

"7. passenger door vent missing parts" (Fixed)

"8. glove box door broken" (Not fixed)
It's a work in progress...

"9. coolent tank painted silver and taped" (Fixed)

"9. rear passeneger tires worn and mismatched with others" (Fixed)
All tires match and have plenty of tread. Rears are a different size than fronts (on purpose).

"10. carpet & appolstry stained and dirty" (Not fixed)
Was saving these "clean-up" items for last.

"11. center console dash had hole hole in it (the dash carpet cover hide it)" (Fixed)

"12. Paint was beat, passenger side had white paint streak from a BBQ tank
No major issues here. Had everything buffed out. 19 year old paint is a little chipped on the edges of the doors, etc. but is not bad for it's age.

"13. leather shift boot torn and not fastened" (Partially fixed)
Shift boot is not torn but does not mate up with the non-stock Momo shift knob. Am working on a more presentable transition from knob to boot.

"14. battery connection rigged up." (Fixed)
Positive cable (that was jury-rigged for the added on electronics) has been replaced with a stock Acura cable (the entire long assembly).

"15. no spare tire due to extra battery for stereo system" (Partially fixed)
The extra battery has been removed. I have the spare-tire "rack," but I have not put it back in the car pending solving a head-light actuator problem. I do not have a spare tire for the car.

"16. engine had bad hesiattion and skip on acceleration" (Fixed)
After spending a lot of money at COZ's shop, the engine runs strong and has good throttle response. No sputter or hesitation.

"17. missing wings west rear spoiler (but side fins there)" (Fixed)
Weird "Batmobile" rear deck spoiler replaced with stock rear spoiler.

"18. failed emission in AZ" (Not fixed)
There is no such thing as "AZ emissions" testing. Testing is required for cars registered in Maricopa county. I live in and the car is registered in Coconino county. Aside from having no "cats," I'm sure the car would pass emissions in Maricopa county.

"19. no CATs installed on the car, but claimed he had them" (Not fixed)
They are not required where I live. I do not have them.

"20. no engine compartment cover" (Not fixed)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In short, the car was an ungodly mess. There are still some things that remain to be done. The following list describes those issues:
- Reinstallation of the sound system head unit and amplifier (I have the parts and will included them with sale)
- Door lifters (lambo doors) do not hold doors up and need to be replaced
- Center tail light section is missing
- Passenger-side visor is split open
- Glovebox door need to be reinstalled (I have the part)
- Interior firewall covers need to be reinstalled
- Rear piece of center console needs to be installed (I have aftermarket carbon fiber unit, not original)
- Engine cover is missing
- Spare tire is missing (I have the rack which needs to be installed)
- Headlight actuator on passenger side does not stop in the right position, I suspect a bad relay)
- Starter relay needs to be replaced (intermittent hesitation when ignition key is turned before starter motor turns engine)
- Weather strip on both doors need to be replaced

In addition, there are a few small cosmetic issues that I want to mention:
- 4 "egg" marks in paint (2 on hood). The car was "egged" while owned by the last owner and he did not get it cleaned up in time.
- There is a spot on an engine compartment sheet-metal seam that appears to have been damaged and then repaired.

If you any doubts about what I have said here, I'm sure Coz will be happy to verify the details.

This is the NSXShaw posting: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93470&highlight=JH4NA1152MT002287

This is the first time the car was posted: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70596&highlight=JH4NA1152MT002287

Sincerely,
John

P.S. I can't figure out how to move the pics I attached to my first posting to this one and the forum won't let me upload them to attach here because "You have already attached this file in thread...". Please see that posting for Pics. (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126203)

*For those "doing the math": Yes, I am taking one HELLUVA loss on the car. I have over $40,000 invested, but times are tough. I can't afford to keep this car just "because." My loss is your gain should you be in the market to buy an NSX.

Last edited:
Those of you who follow this forum closely may notice the I raised the price of the car. After much soul-searching, I have decided that I believe I would rather keep it and hope the economy improves and I can get a price that is closer to what it is actually worth.

For anyone who contacted me prior to today, I will honor the price we discussed.

Again, for anyone looking for the first time, this car is a little rough cosmetically (as described in the detailed posting), but is PRISTINE mechanically.

If you're interested, contact me and make an offer. I will be happy to consider anything reasonable.

John
928-266-2576

Detail Pictures

Some additional Pics

A few more interior pics along with a price change...

$17,900

I ask two favors: 1) Please do not call me if you are not ready, willing, and able to pay my asking price. I am not interested in ANY trade. I am not interested in ANY sort of time payment plan. If you want to buy the car but don't yet have all of the asking price, I am willing to discuss taking a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit to hold the car for you for an agreed-upon period of time; and 2) Please do not call me if you plan to have a conversation about all that you will have to do to make the car perfect. I am well aware that the car is not perfect. I am also well aware that my asking price reflects, and accounts for, the car's various cosmetic deficiencies. The car is mechanically sound. It doesn't burn or leak oil, the timing belt, water pump, valve adjustment, gearbox, clutch, brake master cylinder, and all belts and hoses are fresh. If you believe $17,900 is too much to pay for a VERY drive-able, VERY decent '91 NSX, save us both the time and call someone else.

Thank you for considering my car.

John 928-266-2576

Attachments

• CenterConsole_02.jpg
    CenterConsole_02.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 510
  • DriverArmrest_01.jpg
    DriverArmrest_01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 448
  • DriversSeat_01.jpg
    DriversSeat_01.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 452