Bittorrent help please

A couple days ago I followed a link here to a british tv show that had a thing on the nsx and the impending end of production. It was a bit torrent, which honestly i have no clue what it is, however once it was downloaded it became a video file that allowed me to play it on my windows media player. After seeing how slick this is, I did some searching and found tons and tons of links to other bit torrents of tv shows, and other things that I thought were pretty cool. I clicked on a link for the british version of the office which was I'm guessing a rip of the dvd's maybe b/c it was a big file. Well, long story short, I believe everything downloaded ok, but it didn't turn what it downloaded into any sort of file and my BT download window disappeared and I have no clue how to get it back.

Investigating further, I found the files in my edonkey temp directory and tried to play some snippets, however instead of starting windows media player, it started my dvd watching software, but it didn't fully work. All I got was a dvd menu screen with some screeching sounds on the snippet i watched. So my question is, does anyone know how I can "conclude" this download and get it into a usable file so that I can see if the british version really is funnier than the american one?

Try to look for it again online, and use a better torrent program like Bitlord or Bit Commet...either one is top notch. then redownload it and you should be good.

Hi

There are many different ways to package things out there. Tvshows and things like that are often in some sort of divx or Mediaplayer format.

Whole dvd's can either be a rip that you need to use your dvdplayer program to watch or they can be a iso file that you use Nero to burn a dvd from. (and more)

If you could send me the link that you tried here or by PM I could take a look and tell you what it is and how to watch it.

Regards

I guess at this point I'm not so confused with what a bit torrent is and how to get them, but now I've got 4 gigs of temp file "Office" in my edonkey temp directory and I can't figure out how to get rid of properly. I know I could just delete it, but I don't want to muck anything up by doing that. I just wish I could figure out how to "trigger" the edonkey bit torrent queue. When I downloaded fifth gear, it just came up automatically and queued the show, downloaded it and dumped it into my finished directory. The "Office" which was queued after it, never properly finished as my computer rebooted overnight after updating itself, so now I can't figure out how to get the darn edonkey queue back. Going back to mininova doesn't help as now that I've added a bit torrent client, it automatically starts that when I click on it.

If worse comes to worse I'll just manually delete it. But it bothers me that there's no obvious way to start the edonkey queue.

Where did Skyguy's posts go? He was recommending a certain client in one and now that post is gone. What gives?

comquat1 said:
Where did Skyguy's posts go? He was recommending a certain client in one and now that post is gone. What gives?

Hi

The moderators probably think that Bit torrent is a evil tool :smile:

Regards

Back