Bimmerforums NSX discussion

Did one of the NSX owners say we are morons?

I don't know what he is talking about, because if he is calling us morons then he must be one himself since he owns one too.

"i have owned a 99 m coupe and currently an NSX. ------>here's my quick 2 cents as a whole NSX owners are morons!<---- i.e im still on bimmer forums. chances are if u've run one u haven't run it to its full potential not saying anything negative about bimmers my next car will be an e46 m3. personally a 97+ NSX vs a e46 m3 on strip or road race is a drivers race. Its like a 04+ S4 vs. an e46 all driver preference and skill."

By the way I have a of admirations for BMW's...I think they are great looking and great performing cars. I think its stupid how people always want to get into a pissing match about cars. Especially over a car that is no longer in production.....that to me pays a lot of respect to the NSX. The NSX was a great car in its early debut and it still can do pretty decent among all these modern cars today with some help. Not bad for a 15 year old discontinued car.

I would like to own a 1990 M3 in white..... I can remember that car when it was new back then. I driven both e36 and e46 M3's....both awesome cars just different to the NSX. But I would like to have a bimmer as a daily....very comfortable with all the goodies. These NSX versus threads really need to stop......how about bmw vs porsche vs F355......but at least most of the Bimmer guys seem to have a lot of respect for the NSX and knows its value to the car community......if you are a true car enthusiast you will appreciate all cars not just a few brand names.

Last edited:
Did one of the NSX owners say we are morons?

I don't know what he is talking about, because if he is calling us morons then he must be one himself since he owns one too.

"i have owned a 99 m coupe and currently an NSX. ------>here's my quick 2 cents as a whole NSX owners are morons!<---- i.e im still on bimmer forums. chances are if u've run one u haven't run it to its full potential not saying anything negative about bimmers my next car will be an e46 m3. personally a 97+ NSX vs a e46 m3 on strip or road race is a drivers race. Its like a 04+ S4 vs. an e46 all driver preference and skill."

Yeah, I read that. I just think whatever.

Stephen

One guy said his clubs didn't fit. He must be carrying around a tour bag with some big clubs or something but I have a very long shafted driver, about 2.5" longer than standard and it fits fine in my stand bag.

Yeah that was Al Czervick making that post.

(Caddyshack reference for those who missed it.)

I careless about what anybody compares our NSX with other cars. They just can't admit NSX is a true great car. I'm a proud NSX owner and really love driving one.:smile:

I careless about what anybody compares our NSX with other cars. They just can't admit NSX is a true great car. I'm a proud NSX owner and really love driving one.:smile:

I agree and I think most know deep down the NSX is a great car and would probably give it a bit more respect in person.

Most of the ignoramuses who bash the NSX have no idea that the car is 90% the same since 1991--comparing it to an E46 is apples and oranges yet it can still hold it's own.

If I'm reading the link correctly, the overwhelming majority of the replies are in the positive about the NSX and the only real negative was from a current NSX owner that has had a bad experience w/ some owners.

Overall, good stuff.

The e30 M3 is the only real M3 out there. That's what I would get if I have more parking spaces. Not a good daily driver though and the parts are expensive.

"Not a good daily driver though and the parts are expensive"

I have heard this before, not sure why its not thought of as a good daily?
Its got a huge trunk & seats 4 with MPG in the 20's.
Its a 2.3 (4) banger though. You need to spin it up to really go.
195 HP, 7200 RPM Red line

I have read this before, not sure why its not thought of as a good daily?
IMO much more practical than an NSX.

Parts?, dealership prices are insane. However you can buy the same part online or from a independent shop for much less. (20-30%)

In all honesty, most are after more HP, While I went in the other direction.

"Not a good daily driver though and the parts are expensive"

I have heard this before, not sure why its not thought of as a good daily?
Its got a huge trunk & seats 4 with MPG in the 20's.
Its a 2.3 (4) banger though. You need to spin it up to really go.
195 HP, 7200 RPM Red line

I have read this before, not sure why its not thought of as a good daily?
IMO much more practical than an NSX.

Parts?, dealership prices are insane. However you can buy the same part online or from a independent shop for much less. (20-30%)

In all honesty, most are after more HP, While I went in the other direction.

As far as the car itself, you're right, it's very practical compared to the NSX. You just have you factor in the maintenance cost that'll come with driving the car. That's what I meant. I have a pristine '88 325is with about 100,000 miles on it and I also had a '91 325ic which I sold after 155,000 miles on it. They are not the M models but it took some $$ to keep them in tip top shape. It helps if you do your own wrenching, which I don't have the room in the city.

Always funny to see how people seem to feel it important what others say/think about the car they own.:rolleyes:

I really couldn't care less what others think of my cars, I buy them for MY OWN pleasure, MY OWN kind of use and for MY OWN reasons.
Is this egocentric? I couldn't care less:wink:

For example, I have owned several MX-5/Miata's for 13 years now as these are just about the most fun/best driverscars right out of the box. As I very soon realised the potentional for much more was there, within a year of owning the first one, I put a supercharger on and that made it REAL fun.
People have been calling these little cars "girly cars" "hairdressers cars" etc.
Who cares, I don't, I simply put the pedal to the metal of my present turbocharged 10th Anniversary ed. MX-5 and leave these ignorant people behind in a cloud of dust/burning rubber:eek: with a big smile on my face:biggrin:

I can hardly wait to see what my NSX will do with the Comptech supercharger that is still in the box, waiting to be installed:wink:

Always funny to see how people seem to feel it important what others say/think about the car they own.:rolleyes:

I really couldn't care less what others think of my cars, I buy them for MY OWN pleasure, MY OWN kind of use and for MY OWN reasons.
Is this egocentric? I couldn't care less:wink:

I couldn't care less? no, apathy doesn't necessarily mean egocentric.
oh, and for those who say "I could care less".... think about what you're saying.
it IS i COULDN'T care less. if you could care less, you care. duh :wink:

all i know about our car is..... it looks better than most, especially sedan-looking coupes like the M3. don't get me wrong, i love the M3 like crazy (beautiful, performance machine), but i bought an nsx for a good reason:
it's a sports car.... it's not a "sporty" car
i have a daily driver, so why not go all out on my other one, right? (no, i can't afford a ferrari right now :smile: )

I couldn't care less? no, apathy doesn't necessarily mean egocentric.
oh, and for those who say "I could care less".... think about what you're saying.
it IS i COULDN'T care less. if you could care less, you care. duh :wink:

Allright,
So I should have stated: "I don't care" i.e. "it doesn't matter to me"??
Sorry, English isn't my native language................:tongue:

Indifferent is the word I use for other peoples cars.
I like whatever car I am into at the time and have never thought twice about what others think.
I can go from a 1971 BMW 2002, to a 500+ HP Big block ground pounder in a blink of an eye, then back again.

I just think its cool people are still comparing certain 10-20 year old car's to
the current models.

If I'm reading the link correctly, the overwhelming majority of the replies are in the positive about the NSX and the only real negative was from a current NSX owner that has had a bad experience w/ some owners.

Overall, good stuff.

Yeah that's my take. Good stuff.
The new M3 and the M Coupe were on my list of potential cars when I was looking for the NSX. I've always been a fan of those cars.

I just think its cool people are still comparing certain 10-20 year old car's to
the current models.

Exactly. No one seems to realize that the NSX was ultimately changed very little from 1991 on. The fact that it was still competitive and talked about in its 2005 form is really mind-boggling.

A 2005 CTSC NSX with Zanardi/Type-R suspension would be a force to be reckoned with. Power in line with 2005-era performance cars and a suspension tweak would have put almost all other cars to shame. We all know that Honda should have and very easily could have offered a factory car like that. In that world we would not even be talking about people simply "saying good things" about the NSX--it would have been an ostensibly superior car.

The funnything is I'm on BF in the FI section only and came across this. Hell, my NSX is my DD :)

I didn't bother to read the thread, because honestly, it's the same thing over and over again... but here's my 2 cents...

no matter what car(s) you drive, no matter what forum(s) you are on, and no matter what experiences you have, good or bad, it's ALL OPINION! Everybody loves what they drive, otherwise they wouldn't be on a forum spouting off about it. There are always going to be "fanboys" who, no matter what, think that what they drive is the bestest, fastest, most raddest ride out there and they will beat anybody from stoplight to stoplight or on the track. No matter what you drive, you can ALWAYS find something better about your car over somebody else's. There is also the realists who know that their stock NA1 NSX isn't going to beat an Enzo, but they still know that there are things that are better about a 91' NSX than an Enzo. Plain and simple... people like what they drive, and they are going to defend it. So, to those that say "well this car is better than yours", or "Yeah, but mine is better at this".... 95% of you are never going to do anything about it, so just Shut UP and Drive... :wink:

..and if we applied this to the flipside, most beemer drivers are morons, so easy to make a blanket statement, based on a personal view in some town, in some country. People never learn. People make arseholes, not cars. :biggrin:

..and if we applied this to the flipside, most beemer drivers are morons, so easy to make a blanket statement, based on a personal view in some town, in some country. People never learn. People make arseholes, not cars. :biggrin:

Yeah, well that post started up again, and I had to give my unbias opinion.

Now as for your quote, didn't you just generalize and sterotype about bimmer guys generalizing and sterotyping? Thats not hypocritical is it?!? :biggrin:

Yeah, well that post started up again, and I had to give my unbias opinion.

Now as for your quote, didn't you just generalize and sterotype about bimmer guys generalizing and sterotyping? Thats not hypocritical is it?!? :biggrin:

uhh exactly my point, i was saying, if we applied this same stereotype (ie flipside) then it would say the same thing about bmw drivers. I think you mistook my meaning.:wink:

Back