Billy Johnson Gears up for NASCAR Nationwide Debut

Coz

Legendary Member
Billy Johnson Gears up for NASCAR Nationwide Debut

http://www.whatsupusana.com/2010/08/billy-johnson-gears-up-for-nascar.html

The accolades are accumulating for Billy Johnson, a top driver in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series. He's won twice already this season, including a thrilling victory in the Homestead 200 that gave team owner and racing legend Jack Roush his 400th career victory.

"Jack himself was at the race," says Billy, who teams up with Jack's son, Jack Roush Jr., in the No. 61 Ford Mustang GT. "It made the victory that much better. The win was a milestone in motorsports and to co-drive with his son at such a landmark event was something quite special."

Over the last three years Billy's won more races and finished in the top three more times than any other driver in the Continental Tire sports car series. Now, he'll get a chance to showcase his talents on a much bigger stage and in front of a national television audience live on ESPN.

Nationwide Series Debut
Billy will make his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut at historic Watkins Glen International, or simply "The Glen," on Saturday. He'll be driving the No. 6 Citi Financial Ford Fusion for Roush Fenway Racing.

"This is a huge opportunity," says Billy, a 23-year-old from Southern California who's now living in Charlotte. "I am quite excited about the race and know that I have a great car with a great team, sponsors, and organization behind me. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to compete at this level."

He'll be racing against the likes of an Australian V8-Supercar champion and a Formula 1 world champion, as well as several NASCAR Sprint Cup regulars.

Though this is Billy's first Nationwide race, it's not his first time competing on the 2.45-mile road course at Watkins Glen. He has one victory in five career Grand Am starts at The Glen.

Extensive Experience
Billy has raced Grand Am cars for the past six years after starting his career in go karts at age 13. In 2009, he got the call from Jack Roush to finish out the season for his CTSCC Grand Am Roush Performance team. This year, in addition to his two victories, Billy's posted five top-five finishes and he and Jack are third overall in the points standings with two races to go.

Over the past two-plus years, Billy's incorporated USANA nutritional supplements into his daily routine.

"Having the right supplements to be able to have my body function at its optimum is definitely important," says Billy, who signed on under USANA Emerald Director Tomas Artica. "Being in a race car is a very stressful environment. Drivers lose five to eight pounds of weight during a race and you have two to three times your body weight pressing against you. It's extremely physically exhausting."

Race Day Details

* What: Zippo 200
* When: Saturday, August 7
* Where: Watkins Glen, New York
* Time: 1:30 p.m. ET
* TV: ESPN
* Notable: Billy Johnson will be making his Nationwide Series debut, driving the No. 6 Citi Financial Ford Fusion for Roush Fenway Racing.

What's in Billy Johnson's MyHealthPak™?
In addition to USANA Essentials™, Billy is a regular consumer of MyHealthPak. His customized pack features the following:

* Visionex®
* Proflavanol® 90
* Procosa® II
* BiOmega™
* CoQuinone® 30
* Ginkgo-PS™

We wish Billy the best of luck and no matter how he finishes on Saturday, he can rest assured that 2010 will be a year he won't soon forget.

Back