• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Big thumbs-up for Downforce (DF)

Once in a while, something bad leads to something good...

My poor experience buying a pair of damaged CF vents from deadbeat Prime member "ENSSEX" (Paul Villecourt) led me to contact Downforce (DF) to see if they could repair the damaged vent. Although I work for a company that makes carbon fiber composite material, our lab supervisor said we did not have the capability to do a delicate repair as this GruppeM part needed.

I initially spoke with Sam over the phone who agreed to see the part. I was already impressed that they would consider repairing a rivals part. Upon my arrival, I ended-up meeting with Peter, the owner of DF. Sam handles operations and sales matters. I was impressed with Peter's polite manner and eagerness to give me a quick tour of their new facility in Anaheim, CA. They had a white NSX on their shop floor with some mods in process and all kinds of work-in-process parts for NSXs, Ferraris, etc.

Today, I finally met Sam and picked-up my repaired vent. They did a fabulous job. Anyone who knows anything about cured carbon fiber knows how difficult it is to repair it. Fortunately, this part is non-load bearing. On top of doing an excellent repair job, Sam insisted on not charging me. He said he figures I'll be back to buy some of the NSX parts they offer. Sam is right. I will with a couple of items they offer in mind.

So, my bad experience ends up leading to a good one. Aside from that, I highly recommend anyone considering doing business with DF. Commitment to quality and good customer service- two qualities not easy to find in a business these days. DF has both and more. Oh, one more thing. Peter owns 3 NSXs. :biggrin:

Steve "YellowHaze"

Steve sorry about your initial misfortune. I'm very very satisfied with
Downforce and all of the guys down there. I did my 02 conversion and
Called down there and sam gave me a great deal and over nited my parts!
If you look around you will find their prices are reasonable and quality is A+
I'm looking forward to future buys with downforce
Post some pics! Let's see how great they look!

Bill

Back