Big Benz vs Jag XJR

Been looking for a bigger hi-perf workmobile. What do you guys know about this sort of class car.

Benz's are great but only in AMG for me.

Surprisingly, new Jag XJR(all aluminum--sound familiar) is the fastest biggest vehicle i could find---besides the biggest benz but thats at 125kplus price tag. Jag does 0-60 five flat, nice big brembos, and is still 200.5 inches long.

Benzs are great for better resale, better performance, but seems like the smaller benzes seem really smaller.

Another smaller sedan is Audi rs6----fastest sedan of any size. But a little smaller than what im looking for.

So guys, i want something pretty big and really fast---anything ive left out of consideration, and what do you think of the vehicles ive mentioned???

Thanks for the help.

I just finally traded in my work-mobile after 12 years and 215,000 miles. It was a '91 Mercedes 300SE and I needed another sedan in case clients had to be driven somewhere. I was leaning toward another S class for room but was looking for a little more "oomph" and picked up a 2000 E55. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of interior room which provided more space in the back seat than my old S class. I am 6'1" and there was very little room behind me in the old benz but now even I can fit comfortably in the back with the driver's seat set for me.

I don't know about you but personally if you are looking for a fast sedan in today's marketplace there is one and only one option--the 2003+ E55 AMG.

That car is a beast. I'm trying to get my dad to buy one.

ravi

Yeah, the E55 amg is OMG fast and big enough---but also outrageously expensive. Seems like i see benzes coming and going too.

The XJR is the way im leaning, i think. Super light(for a huge car the lightest ever) and loaded with all the items i want/ integrated phone/voice activation for all electronics/dvd/dvd navi.

When i drove the XJR i was really impressed. The car feels light, corners exceptionally well, and has tons of torque. The suspension system is really trick---air adjusted computer controlled. body roll is almost non-existent.

For those of you laughing at the thought of a performance jaguar sedan---you gotta check it out---all aluminum construction. The XJR model is set up much differently than the base XJ.

The cutting edge technology is really phenomenal. I cant wait to see what we are all driving/talking about in 10 years.

XJR insights...

huckster said:
...The XJR is the way im leaning, i think. Super light(for a huge car the lightest ever) and loaded with all the items i want/ integrated phone/voice activation for all electronics/dvd/dvd navi.

When i drove the XJR i was really impressed. The car feels light, corners exceptionally well, and has tons of torque. The suspension system is really trick---air adjusted computer controlled. body roll is almost non-existent.

For those of you laughing at the thought of a performance jaguar sedan---you gotta check it out---all aluminum construction. The XJR model is set up much differently than the base XJ.

My cousin (like an older bro' to me) had the last year of last gen' of the XJR; hehe- we was an Enron big-wig (that's whole other bag of nutz). Anyways, it was a cruise missile; especially when the SC kicked in. Full luxo' touring appointments, nice aggressive grill and alloys. Taute/firm suspension for a sedan. Limited rear legroom & boot space (trunk). It def' was easy on the eyes =)

BUT, the elec' gizmos and small creature comforts were unreliable. It was regularly in the shoppe to address the small bugs. It was mechanically sound, and a force on the highways (in Houston, on rte.59 much to my dismay a NSX-T rev'd next to us... my cousin being the typeA personality he is embarassed the X'er upto 135-140 :-/ . To prevent flaming, I think the X'er was an incompetant driver, I hope)

Of the duo, S-Class & XJR: would you also consider the A8...? (ie. S8)

I did see some pics of the next gen' S-Class, whoa. . . :cool:

E55 AMG, there is no other choice.

Although, isn't the new M5 going to have a pretty sweet V10, maybe you should wait on that.

huckster said:
Yeah, the E55 amg is OMG fast and big enough---but also outrageously expensive. Seems like i see benzes coming and going too.

Expensive? I think the E55AMG is less money than an NSX, is close to 500HP and will hang with a Viper, and easily put away a ZO6, if your talking accelleration. It would be my choice for a sedan. btw.. i'm not compairing it to the NSX.. they are two different cars built to serve two different markets.

Back