BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW

Had these tires on my teg and they were super loud...the road noise was irritating around 40 MPH.

Basically they are decent performing summer tires similar to the Yokohama S.drive. They're not bad, but not as good as the best longer-lasting summer tires (Continental ExtremeContact DW, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric), let alone the supersticky extreme performance tires (Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec, Bridgestone Potenza RE-11, Kumho Ecsta XS, Yokohama Advan Neova AD08). The big problem with the KDW is the value; the performance is similar to the S.drive but they're a lot more expensive. (And yes, they tend to be noisy, a common problem when a tread pattern consists of large tread blocks.)

One thing I can add is that they last a really long time - I have run them quite a bit and they outlast a lot of tires for sure, noisy, yes.

Yeah, I should have added that their treadlife is similar to the S.drive, and longer than those supersticky "extreme performance" tires. Of course, treadlife is relative, especially on the NSX. :smile:

Have them on my TL and my Turbo accord.......Great tire and great grip. Works very well in wet and dry but it absolutely sucks in the snow! (i know NSX guys would never drive their car in the snow!) I never noticed the noise because 99% of the time i have my music on.

I run them front and rear, but can't hear them over my exhaust...so...I don't see, er hear, a problem. Really like the performance and treadwear.

General Q: Do larger block treads have less tread flex, or is tread flex a non issue? I thought of that when purchasing these...

I think that the noise is only noticeable in cars that have very quiet interiors.

The larger tread blocks will inherently have less "squirm"

Got 'em, love 'em. I think they are the best looking tire ever along with the other great attributes mentioned. For track use I would get the star spec, but I love the KDW2 for road use.

NSXTASY,

How much stickier are the Star Specs than the KDW2? In your opinion, 5%, 10%, 20%, 30%?

Trying to decide if my next set of tires should be Star Specs or KDWs, and if it is worth stepping up to the "extreme performance" category instead of "max performance summer" or whatever confusing nomenclature they invented to mess with customers.

Last edited:
Got a set of these for the X last year since they were cheap (not sure where you can find them for 'expensive' pricing?). They are not loud at all, I'm not sure what people consider 'loud' but having run R888's, RE01R's, Ventus Evo12's (which suck) these are definitely not 'loud' tires compared to a proper performance tire, although perhaps it's just too subjective. I imagine on a lexus or something with a very refined cabin it would be a different story.

Grip is middle of the pack, but I will say these really shine in wet conditions, I was VERY impressed with how they cope with the rain when you get caught out!

How much stickier are the Star Specs than the KDW2? In your opinion, 5%, 10%, 20%, 30%?

Trying to decide if my next set of tires should be Star Specs or KDWs, and if it is worth stepping up to the "extreme performance" category instead of "max performance summer" or whatever confusing nomenclature they invented to mess with customers.

The Star spec is so much stickier that I would not even compare the two.

I really doubt they are 30% stickier, maybe 15% stickier is what I have gathered. In modding terms that is probably a decent gain still. 20-25% was the threshold I would consider significant personally and would have perhaps overcome the downsides of heavy weight, average looking, less hydroplane resistance, more expensive, reduced life, and IMO misleading usable life. Went with kdw's again this time but will have to try the star specs at some point just to get some first hand experience if nothing else.

I really doubt they are 30% stickier, maybe 15% stickier is what I have gathered. In modding terms that is probably a decent gain still. 20-25% was the threshold I would consider significant personally and would have perhaps overcome the downsides of heavy weight, average looking, less hydroplane resistance, more expensive, reduced life, and IMO misleading usable life. Went with kdw's again this time but will have to try the star specs at some point just to get some first hand experience if nothing else.

Yes, the star spec is at least 15 - maybe even 25% stickier depending on the situation of course.

If you are driving on the street and have priorities other than outright traction, the KDW is probably (all) the tire you need - in terms of performance I think the SS is probably trhe clear winner

I had these on my honda accord for about 40 miles, they were so damn loud i took them off, you are much better off with yok S drives or any falkens imo

I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THE G-FORCEs to anyone

It's an NSX. Chances are you have exhaust and headers so a little road noise is irrelevant in these cars. Now if it were a luxury car I would look elsewhere.

It's an exotic sportscar w some luxuries. Like a cassette player and leather seats for those of you that still have them. ;)

Back