Bet this rattles Hondas chain

I think Honda's made it pretty clear there direction...Green :confused:

I think Honda's made it pretty clear there direction...Green :confused:

Eh they made the announcement "after" Toyota said it was canceling the LF-A Honda follows Toyos lead quite a bit and always thinks of themselves as doing "battle" with them.

The ASC was basically put in storage but with Toyo pulling the LF-A out and making a show of it at this upcoming Tokyo Salon I'm pretty sure Fukui or the new guy is going "Oh no those muthaf*ckas didn't" ( in Japanese of course :wink: ).

So I expect some reason for them to bring it up or we'll hear about it on the Ring in testing again.

The ASCC is already obsolete given how much the auto market has changed in the past 12-18 months. I think the LF-A is also obsolete given those same changes. Honda should develop a radically new design and direction for their sportscar that incorporates their green direction. I'm thinking something hybrid, lighter, something more in the vein of the HSC that can be a showcase for both green and non-green automotive engineering/technology.

On a separate, but related note, of all of the statistics that people look at I find top speed to be the least relevant of all. I really, really am baffled about why anyone even shows any interest in it.:confused:

How about a 3.0L TDI V6 with cylinder deactivation? Green and fast. Throw it in the HSC @ 300whp for $60k and watch the cars sell. :)

Last edited:
How about a 3.0L TDI V6 with cylinder deactivation? Green and fast. Throw it in the HSC @ 300whp for $60k and watch the cars sell. :)

... or at least a RWD Honda S3000 with 2.4 DOHC turbo at 8psi will do

Last edited:
“Green” doesn’t have to mean slow and boring. Honda is very innovative. I think they are working on something that will change everyone’s opinion on the “Green” car of today.

“Green” doesn’t have to mean slow and boring. Honda is very innovative. I think they are working on something that will change everyone’s opinion on the “Green” car of today.

Agreed, maybe Honda is working on world's first "Green" super car?

Cheers,
Johnny

We share the same dream brutha!

Agreed, maybe Honda is working on world's first "Green" super car?

Cheers,
Johnny

I don't know about that but they were definitely shooting for best MPG as they had as an objective of getting the V10 up to 26 mpg. It was mandated that it had to get better mpg than the NSX.

I really want them to release that V10. I still love listening to those Ring clips of it. Plus they have plenty of stuff to offset it's MPG in their fleet cafe.

No this does not rattle Honda's chain.

Their chain has been chopped off along with their testes.

LOL Same was said about Toyo so maybe there's hope:biggrin:

Honda already developed their green supercar. 400 horsepower and 42 mpg.

Welcome to 2002. You can thank Mr. Fukui for cutting off Honda's corporate penis.

Acura-DN-X-Concept-Sport-Sedan-Rear-1280x960.jpg

Back